Muppet Show DVDs Volumes 16-20

P

Philip Kippel

Hello again, everyone.

I'm curious to know if anyone out there knows which specific episodes are going to be released on Volumes 16-20 of the upcoming Columbia Tri-Star "Muppet Show" DVDs.

Does anybody out there have any answers?

WOMAN! WOMAN!

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new Tri-star DVDs are closed captioned? I would love, love, love to buy the set but I'm deaf. No use in buying it if it's not closed captioned. I emailed the company to ask but received no reply.... :frown:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unlike Time-Life's DVD's, Columbia's Muppet Show releases will be closed captioned.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Unlike Time-Life's DVD's, Columbia's Muppet Show releases will be closed captioned.
I would wait and see on that. I know they are advertised as such, but I just got the last DVDs I needed from Time Life, and disc one was among them.
It has that annoying white sticker on all three sides, and an embedded security sticker on the inside, just like a retail DVD. (Volumes 4 and 9 did not have either of these)
If you think about it, there is no reason for a mail order DVD to have anti-theft devices.
Anyway I would assume these are the same discs that'll be at retail, and they were not Closed captioned. :frown:

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Originally posted by uncleduke
I would wait and see on that. I know they are advertised as such, but I just got the last DVDs I needed from Time Life, and disc one was among them.
It has that annoying white sticker on all three sides, and an embedded security sticker on the inside, just like a retail DVD. (Volumes 4 and 9 did not have either of these)
If you think about it, there is no reason for a mail order DVD to have anti-theft devices.
Anyway I would assume these are the same discs that'll be at retail, and they were not Closed captioned. :frown:
That's weird about Volume 1. Was the case packaging the same (as the others), or did they add a Columbia/Tri-Star logo and barcode?

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah the Columbia packaging does not apparently have the Time Life branding, and i would think the discs are being sourced differently so i would go with what Phillip said.

WOMAN! WOMAN!

Reaction score
yippee!

That is great news!. Watch my happy feet dance.

Thanks for the info.

WOMAN! WOMAN!

Reaction score
another question

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer online. Are the Columbia DVDs released yet? If so, where can I buy them online?