Muppet show & movies on the disney channel

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score
Happy New year everyone
This is a message to say that the muppet show will be on this month on the disney channel in Australia starting tommorow it will looks like its on every day & will be shown at 12 AM or
12:30 AM & the Muppet Movie & Muppets take Manhattan will be on too not sure when.
This is what gets to me they play the two muppet movies mentioned but they have not played The great muppet caper in ages so they need to.I want to see it even my local video store hasn't got it.
Hope thats useful to anyone bye

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Great...anathema may be able to get his lost elements from season 1!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Hope thats useful to anyone bye
I don't know. I haven't heard anything about the show and movies being on Disney in the United States, althought they have shown MFS and MTI. And about the original season 1 elements. I don't know about that. They still haven't restored the original opening credits for the early seasons of "Boy Meets World," so they probably wouldn't for "The Muppet Show" either.

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2002
I don't know. I haven't heard anything about the show and movies being on Disney in the United States, althought they have shown MFS and MTI. And about the original season 1 elements. I don't know about that. They still haven't restored the original opening credits for the early seasons of "Boy Meets World," so they probably wouldn't for "The Muppet Show" either.
It was probably only for the Disney Channel in Australia & maybe New Zealand [if there is one] because it would normally be the same programming just at differnt times.

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score
Yay glad I was wrong about the "great muppet caper' it is on I rechecked yesterday before I look up the M in the back of the paytv movie guide then somehow got to G & there it was its only on the 16th & 17th though

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Australians! You get all the fun! There isn't a single place in the US where you can get The Muppet Show! Not even Hallmark. Man, I wish JHC would sell the rights to the show to some OTHER company! That stinks!

Sorry. Well, hope you enjoy your month of one of the best TV shows ever produced! (I think it's tied with News Radio in my book. That show's absolutley hilarious! Good times! Good times!)

:big_grin:

Scoot

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jeffrey Gray
Great...anathema may be able to get his lost elements from season 1!
Nah, they'll use the same set of tapes they used last year. For the record, the screenings looked like this:

With original titles:
- Juliet Prowse
- Connie Stevens
- Joel Grey
- Ruth Buzzi
- Jim Nabors
- Florence Henderson
- Harvey Korman
- Peter Ustinov
- Bruce Forsyth
- Candice Bergen
- Avery Schreiber
- Ben Vereen
- Phyllis Diller
- Kaye Ballard

With 'new' titles:
- Rita Moreno
- Paul Williams
- Charles Aznavour
- Lena Horne
- Sandy Duncan
- Vincent Price
- Twiggy
- Mummenschanz

Not screened:
- Valerie Harper
- Ethel Merman

Last time around they skipped a number of shows, apparently because they intended to screen one a day over a period of 120 days, but forgot to take into account the fact that one cannot screen a 100 minute movie in a 90 minute slot. Whenever this happened, the following programme (ie TMS) got dropped. In total, I believe ten shows were omitted :-(