Muppet Show repeats

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
I'm so happy, I just had to share this with you all. We just got a new cable channel. It seems to be a family friendly Christian channel(airs religious programming and old sitcoms like Hogan Family and Happy Days) but they also air the original Muppet Show. It's been years since I've seen these episodes in their entirety(except for the Time-Life DVD's I have). Until they put out complete season sets, this will do nicely.

teebs

Reaction score
Hey that's great. What's the name of the channel?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I think it's called CTS. Also, I've heard they don't show the UK skits, but that doesn't seem to affect all Canadian watchers.

Ryan

Reaction score
Sounds a bit like a Canadian Odyssey channel..

Congrats Mickey Moose! I know I was so thrilled when they began to rerun them on Odyssey (only to find they buthcered them up :wink:)

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
From what I can tell, the UK sits are not included, but they seem otherwise complete. The last time we had the Muppet Show air was on YTV, which ironically was bumped from it's channel (25) on our cable system for the new station.

freddievtb

Reaction score
This year they started to show the Muppet Shows on Belgian TV, I already recorded 26 shows directly to DVD using my dvd standalone recorder.
(technology rules! :smile: )

I also have volume 1 and 2 from 'the best of the muppet shows' , released
in England.
I live in the Netherlands and you can only get some of the movies on DVD
here :frown:

I like the original shows from the 70-ties the best!

The dvd-recorder is earning itself back, now I don't have to spend huge amounts of money on those time-life dvd's! :smile:

Bytheway, they speak Dutch in Belgium and in the Dutch speaking countries all foreign programme''s are subtitled. Thank God for that! I HATE synchronized proggies (Germans do that). Nobody can create the Muppets voices better than the original programme makers!

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I wanna live in Canada now.... actualy I always have, just now.... I want to more...

McFraggle

Reaction score
I'm hoping with the acquisition now complete that Disney will put repeats on one of their networks here in the U.S.

freddievtb

Reaction score
I saw saw a posting about copyrights etc.
So I think it's best to post a disclaimer after my very first posting here...

disclaimer:
What I mentioned earlier is purely a message to inform you all about what I'm doing at the moment. I have not and will not offer my recorded TMS episodes on DVD or trade them here on this forum.
They are only recorded for my own collection.

Thanks.
Freddie

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Cool. I wish that the Christian channel here in town wasn't so...weird. I think the problem with most of them is that they tend to candy-fy the whole network instead of just being normal, and that's a big turn off to me. Plus, the folks on this local network are all PLASTIC. They had a wholesome country woman whose set was a country kitchen, and I used to like to see her and hear her sing and tell stories, but the network heads got to her--now she's in make up that's too thick and updated city clothes. Not so much fun.

Plus, they don't show cool things like Happy Days or TMS!