1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Show Role Play

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fozzie Bear, Nov 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

That's a great idea! Come on, Muppy. You can go sit in the front row!

*Scooter makes his exit, walking out in style!*

Yow! Whoops! Sorry Gaffer.

*Okay, now walking out in style. Er, trips over a garbage can*

Whoa! Yikes! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!!!!!!

*and falling down the stairs*

Whoa! *crash*

*And... rolling into traffic*

Whoa! Yi-hi-hi! Everyone, it's okay!

*get's hit by truck*

D'oh!

*show-off*:D
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

And wraping up this evnings events is, um, Santa Clause?

*You can switch caracters if you swich avators*
  3. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I may need Phil's help with that. Actually, I'd like to be Kermit this time, since he wasn't in the last episode that much. (Well, other than being kidnapped and then frozen.)
  4. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Oh Scooter are you okay? that truck that just ran you over was delivering my NEW paino... if you don't remember or wasn't here when my old piano blew up...it ummm blew up so i bought a new one! i will be allready for a new show or as the human muppetfans call it a Muppet show role play, just let me know when and this doggie will be at the door! oh and thanks for the doggie bag floyd!

Hey Fozzie, can you now give me a ride home this time?

Come on Gaffer, you can stay at my place....i grown rather fond of cats since he kinda help saved my life and all, i don't think i'm alergic any more too! ACHOOOOO! Oh well, ya can't live with e'm ya can't live without e'm.

c-ya next time! oh and Fozzie, we gotta stop at the hosptail on the way home, i gotta drop off uncle deadly....aparently my dr. Bob treatment didn't help him but made him worse...

( Rowlf loads Uncle deadly's uncontius body into the truck of Fozzie Studabaker, as gaffer hops in the back seat by the back window with a grin on his face)

Boy, i hope people don't think we killed him? But if i put him in the front of the car Gaffer's gonna sracth the heck out of him again!

good night all! woof woof!
  5. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Helps to know a second language.:D

Good night! Oh, Muppy! Are you okay? You bent a nail!
  6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

*The lights dim.

The Muppets all exit the stage.

The curtains begin closing.*

Well, folks, that brings us to the end of another episode of The Muppet Show...and MAN! what a show!

So, until next time, remember what my hero Marcel Marceau the mime always says:
    " !"

HAA!

G'nite!

*Curtains closed, pitch darkness fills the theater. Lights rise, and the audience is let out of the building.*

*Backstage*

*The Muppets all walk out the back door of the theater, load themselves into the Studebacher, go to drop Uncle Deadly off at the nuthouse--again--and then head home where they all live together anyhow.*

THE END!
  7. Fozzie Bear

Next role-play, if you want to do it.

I will be a better Game Master and provide more/better situations. I was, in this game, trying to let it play itself out and see where it was going to go. It worked okay that way on the old forums, but things just dragged out here.

Rules will still be basically the same. If you have a character name, that's who you're playing.

If, for example, you are "DaffyFan2002" and want to, instead of a Muppet, be Daffy Duck, you can! I think that would be okay. However, if you have an avatar of a character, you can be that character--so, if "DaffyFan2002" wants to be Kermit and has a Kermit-avatar, then so be it. I think first-come-first-serve in those cases, and if someone else pops in as Kermit with a screenname, oh, well.

When being the characters, you must RETAIN their integrity, if however for the purpose of role play you have to stretch it some (in other words, Crazy Harry on the actual show doesn't have to say much, but DOES have to say something here, then he has a larger vocabulary) it works.

Don't get TOO far out and get things off the page too far, because it can confuse the other role-players or those who are just joining in. Try to keep within the situation at hand, deal with that situation in your own Muppety way, and be prepared to move when the story begins to change.

I may create "doors" and ask someone to pop in first and pick one, and behind each door I might have a different situation planned to take us all through. I will only need the ONE vote for the door--the first one to respond--and that is where we'll be going.

Um...any questions?

Also, I am thinking of a new idea, something AWAY from the Muppet Theater altogether this time, so be prepared for ANYTHING!! :D
  8. Daffyfan2003

O.K., that would work. We could have Daffy be the guest star on this show. Would I still need a Daffy Duck avatar if I did that?
  9. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Er, probably not. But get a Kermit avatar so you can switch back and forth between roles! :D hehehehehehehehehehe! Ted is back! hehehehehehehehehehe!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pelt you with exclemation marks! hehehe!

Down, Ted! Back! Sit!
  10. Fozzie Bear

Re: Reply

It'd help so we wouldn't get confused...if you want Kermit, then get a Kermit avatar. I (obviously) will be Fozzie Bear. Maybe I'll use a different avatar for a while.
  11. Fozzie Bear

Nah, no switching characters or putting dialogue to someone else's character. You are your own character. In your case, you are Scooter. I wouldn't change characters as it might otherwise get confusing.

Also, I think someone else brought up "Billy the psychic" rubber chicken. In the role plays, it's just a rubber chicken--Billy appears under a different thread. That character (which I made up) won't work in the role plays. I'd leave Ted out, too, because if you're playing 2 roles it will throw things off and confuse the story line.

Keep in mind, the role plays are seperate from the "Ask Billy" thread.

FOZ
  12. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I know, man! I was only joking! And, come on, Billy needs a nemesis!
  13. Fozzie Bear

Oh, okay.

Nah, I'll leave Billy where he be at.

FOZ
  14. Daffyfan2003

I found a Daffy Duck avatar to use, but they said that the image was too big. I don't know how to make it smaller. Is there a way to do that here, or should I just try to look somewhere else for a smaller image?
  15. Fozzie Bear

Someone here might can make it work for you. Read through the "Forum" threads in the avatar discussions and see if someone there offered to help someone out, I bet they'll help you out.

FOZ
  16. Daffyfan2003

Thanks. Phil helped me get my Floyd avatar up, so maybe I'll send him an e-mail. It might be harder this time though, since I'm not looking for a Muppet avatar. Oh, well, whenever you're ready to start just give the signal.
  17. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Oh wait wait wait! Kevin, are we starting in a new thread or useing this old one? it might be better to start of fresh but whatever your plan it's fine, just give the word in this thread that there will be a new thread, thanks

Oh, was it againts the rules for me to bring Gaffer the back stage cat around in the last round? I'd just figured id throw him in for the fun as if it would kinda be a boring role for someone to play, it was kinda like a side kick character because it doesnt really have a big personatly, i guess this could work for miss piggy with foo foo, if we can ever have a miss piggy in the role, or gonzo and camilla maybe to in which on the person playing gonzo or piggy would control the large actions for there side kick muppet and it would only stick with them to cause less confustion.

Robin, Bean Bunny, Rizzo, and Pepe, could not be side kick chacters because they have a bigger, spoken and persoanlty role.

just a small idea, nothing that should be with everyone having a side kick muppet by their side because it could get out of hand.

Zachary
  18. Fozzie Bear

WHen I begin the new role play, it'll be in a different thread.

I like the idea there. Rowlf with the never-speaking gaffer, Piggy and Foofoo, Gonzo and Camilla (except if someone has that screenname and decides to play themselves). In which case that we actually DO have a Camilla on the boards, she could show up and for the purposes of the role play, as mentioned above, could actually write the translations of what Camilla is squawking. Same if there is a FooFoo or Gaffer.

In the meantime, if someone has a non-speaking counterpart (like Miss PIggy's FooFoo) and Miss Piggy wants to make notations (not language) of FooFoo's actions, then that is just fine.

FOZ
  19. Thijs

Thijs Member

Has anybody a good char for me? Or should I remain Tommie?
  20. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Hehehehehehehehehe! Foz and I have Ted and Billy! :D

Hehehehhehehehehehhehehehehehehehehhehehehehehehe!

Very none speaking roles!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.