Muppet Show Scenes Cut from dvd Question.

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this has been asked before I tried to find it with no luck, does anyone have a list of the scenes that were cut from the Muppet Show? I can tell where it's cut, and I'd like to know what was cut.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
Unfortunately, due to music licensing issues the following songs are not included on this release:

* "Stormy Weather" (Joel Grey Episode)
Sung by Wayne and Wanda
* "Gone With The Wind" (Jim Nabors Episode)
Sung by Jim Nabors
* "The Danceros" (Jim Nabors Episode)
Sung by The Danceros; also cut backstage and intro
* "All Of Me" (Paul Williams Episode)
Sung by Two Monsters; also cut intro
* "Old Fashioned Way" (Charles Aznavour)
Sung by Charles Aznavour with Mildred; also cut intro
* "You’ve Got A Friend" (Vincent Price Episode)
Sung by Vincent Price, Uncle Deadly and a chorus of Muppet Monsters; also cut intro

For undisclosed reasons, the two Newsman bits from the Joel Grey episodes have also been cut. It is speculated that this is due to a difference in master tapes since the Newsman pieces were reworked (adding glasses and a different voice) for the first few episodes.
I think one of those news bits was about a man "who police say is not playing with a full deck" holding the state of New York for ransom. "he refused to disclose the whereabouts of the state of New York but did say it has enough food and water to last ten days"

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Please ignore my first post and refer to my second one, for some reason I can't "edit" my posts!!!

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Thank you so much for showing us this link, Dave! I was hella disappointed that the season 1 DVD was lacking the opening sketch for the Jim Neighbors episode, so it was great to get to see it here!