Muppet Show Season 1-3 on Bluray

Alvin

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are plans for season 1-3 of the Muppet Show to be released on Bluray? then the impending question...when will season 4 be released???

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
They didn't even release season 4 on DVD. I don't think Disney's even thinking of re-releasing the first three seasons. Maybe in seven years or so.

Alvin

Reaction score
Bummer...that's a shame...they could really market those with the release of "The Muppets" on DVD and Bluray on the 20th.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If they just re-release the ALREADY released first three seasons, I'm sure we'd all be a whole lot annoyed and angry. I mean, unless season 1's rights are renegotiated and we get the missing songs put back in... at least 90% of the fan base would double dip for it if we get to see Vincent Price's manic performance of "You got a Friend." Sure, you can see it on youtube, but dang if it isn't worth spending another 30 bucks to see that again.

It's just the annoying problems they refuse to disclose regarding the now 3 year gap, especially since there was a 2 year gap between the first and second release. Not only should we have the entire series by now, but we would have had them 2 years before the movie was even released, and we'd be finishing up Muppets Tonight if it was split into 2 seasons.

There is no hope for this being released with the movie's DVD like everyone predicted. We would have had news of that before the DVD's release.

Like I said before, I can wait 10000000000 years to get these DVD's. Fine. I don't care. It's the fact that Disney refuses to disclose on why there's such an annoying hold up that's bugging me now. If it's a music rights issue that has to be re-negotiated, fine. Understandable. if it's just sheer unwillingness to release anything in season set form, inexcusable.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Bummer...that's a shame...they could really market those with the release of "The Muppets" on DVD and Bluray on the 20th.
They are putting six episodes on the Blu-Rays at Target!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
, and we'd be finishing up Muppets Tonight if it was split into 2 seasons. .
I hope they'll just put some episodes of Muppets Tonight on the bonus features on one of the seasons. I don't think I would buy Muppets Tonight separatley.

Alvin

Reaction score
At Target...gotcha...will watch for that...
AND since technically since Disney owns the Muppets now...wouldn't that cover everything they have done including season 1-3?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
At Target...gotcha...will watch for that...
AND since technically since Disney owns the Muppets now...wouldn't that cover everything they have done including season 1-3?
You've Got a Freind didn't make it on the DVD due to copyright issues.
And the Target thing, I suggest you look for it on the release date at a Target store, it's already sold-out online and will probably sell out fast at the stores too.