Muppet show season 1 german

Andibcool

Reaction score
Just a heads up. It finally got released over here after so many years and i already have all 3 seasons.
This dvd set might be worth buying even if you already have season 1 from another country.
I have 2 ppl that confirmed most stuff is not cut out like in the other versions also the german dvds have english dub aswell.
I might consider to buy me season 1 too and look if its really true. But why should 2 ppl lie. Aside from that there is the twiggy episode 18 with Mary Roos especialy made for germany back then on the dvd too. Booth versions are on the dvds im told.

The price is 28 Euro on Amazon.de

David French

Reaction score
Out of interest, has anyone bought a copy of this yet? If so, is it edited or unedited?

Dearth

Reaction score
I was just looking for the edited bits of the Jim Nabors episode on YouTube and found a complete German version. Not sure if the poster got it from the DVD or not, but it was uploaded in April I think?

I'm not sure I follow the OP correctly... you have all three but you might also buy #1? Did you mean #4?

And when you say English dub, you mean the original English track right?

Will these DVD's definitely play on American devices? I never really understood all that 'Region-specific' stuff.

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
Hahaha... I was using babelfish to translate the description of the Season 1 DVD set on Amazon.de from German to English, and it translated 'Waldorf' too! Apparently it means 'Whale Village'...

"To the pleasure of the two old 'Kritiker' Whale village and Stettler, which commentate the happening from their Loge, fight to Kermit with the daily insanity up and particularly behind the stage."

Alex

David French

Reaction score
Hahaha... I was using babelfish to translate the description of the Season 1 DVD set on Amazon.de from German to English, and it translated 'Waldorf' too! Apparently it means 'Whale Village'...

"To the pleasure of the two old 'Kritiker' Whale village and Stettler, which commentate the happening from their Loge, fight to Kermit with the daily insanity up and particularly behind the stage."

Alex
I did that as well earlier in the year; I too had a bit of a chuckle at the translation.