Muppet Show Season 1 Guide Discussions

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As announced, our first season Muppet Show guide is on-line.

Let us know your thoughts and if you have any additions or corrections. Thanks!

scarecroe

Reaction score
Fantastic!

You've misspelled Avery Schreiber in the drop-down menu.

I would love to see someone do a Muppet character reference database website with pictures and names of all the Muppets.

Good work here, congrats to all!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Updated the menu. Thanks Scott.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Hi Philip

Fantastic work! when are u planing to do more?

I want to see more:big_grin:

See you later

MuppetDanny

scarecroe

Reaction score
Since Connie Stevens was taped AND aired before Juliet Prowse, why does the Prowse episode get to be Episode 1 on every ep guide I've ever seen? Was Prowse aired first in the UK?

Another thing: since the UK aired the Muppet Show first, how come none of the episode guides include UK airing dates?

I was very surprised to see that both of these were shot a year before they aired in the US. Wow!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Information on airing dates was provided courtesy of henson.com - since they've neglected to include UK airing dates, they obviously aren't in ours. I'd be interested in such info as well.

Juliet Prowse is #1 in the various sources you've seen simply because that's the production number. Once a production number is set, it stays that way regardless of whether another episode ends up getting taped first or aired prior. Chances are the script was being worked on for Juliet first and then for some logistical reason - most likely guest availability - Connie's episode was shot first.

A really excellent example of how production numbers work can be found in another Henson show...Farscape (i've posted this example before on the old board). In season two, a two part episode was being worked on, Look At The Princess Parts 1 & 2. The production numbers for these episodes were #32/33. However in the course of shooting the episodes, exec producer/headwriter David Kemper realised that this story would work better as a three parter. Since this was discovered well after other episodes were being scripted and planned, it turned out from a prodcution number standpoint that LATP pt 1 was #32, LATP pt 3 was #33, and LATP pt 2 was #43.

Of course, each individual will have their own preffered method of what method they want to use to list episodes - for an episode guide, production numbers is the standard...but then that's why the guide includes taping dates and airing dates - tthose who prefer to classify the shows in that order have the resources to do that. Hope this helps.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by dwmckim
Hope this helps.
Indeedy it does, thanks :smile:

I only wish as much logic could come out of the way I've seen "Quantum Leap" episode guides presented :rolleyes: :confused:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm having an episode guide of my own, too. But, my therapist is helping me through it.

Foz