Muppet Show Season 2 favorites

Frogster

Reaction score
I know the set was just released yesterday, but I'm sure us die-hard fans watched as much as possible when we rushed to buy it, and since Season 2 occured in the '70's, that applies to classic Muppets. So what're some things you loved about the boxed set? About half of those episodes, I'd already seen, but I enjoyed the ones I hadn't seen before a lot, especially the Jaye P. Morgan episode. The duet by Fozzie and Rowlf on the piano, Nigel and Floyd's 'tune' (someone tell me what that song is... it sounds so familiar), and "That Old Black Magic" by Morgan and Dr. Teeth. And by the way, wasn't The Muppets Talk About Muppets awesome? That was definitely Frank Oz doing his characters.

:embarrassed: : She says you're married...
:smile: : We're not married!
:embarrassed: : Why do you have to raise your voice like that?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I haven't bought the set yet, but here are my favorite eps. from season 2, with my favorite songs/sketches noted.:smile:

Rich Little (Chan Son D'amour, Inchworm, press conference)

Don Knotts (The Windmills of Your Mind)

Rudolf Nureyev (Minuet in G Major, Don Giovanni with Piggy & Link)

Cloris Leachman (the whole pigs taking over the show plot, esp. Swedish Chef pig!:crazy: )

Peter Sellers (A Gypsy's Violin, Memory Lane, Cigarettes, Whiskey & Wild Wild Women)

Bernadette Peters (The Sheik of Araby)

Elton John (Elton's performances, Any Old Iron)

Zero Mostel (The Fears of Zero, Lady Wrestling, Polonaise in A Flat)

Steve Martin (Steve doing his act, Lenny the Lizard)

John Cleese (Pigs In Space, Cleese stretching Gonzo's limbs)

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I have yet to purchase this, I do have the John Cleese/Dudley Moore/Peter Sellers disk featuring 2 S2 episodes. My personal favorites are John Cleese as the Space Pirate (even mentioning the Parrot Sketch from Monty Python) and the Dream the Impossible Dream segment. Tell me he didn't write that! That's pure Cleese right there. I also really loved the Sellers episode, especially the opening and closing numbers, the Dr. Strangelove-esque Masusse, and the 5 seconds of him as Inspector Cleausou.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
I just got the set yesterday, so I've seen all of the episodes, and can pick my favorite moments.

Lou Rawls: Zoot's scatting in "Bye, Bye Blackbird"
Cleo Laine: Zoot's line of education in "It don't mean a thing"

Those are my top favorites, but I basically like them all.

Frogster, in response to Floyd and Nigel's tune, the song's name is "Big Noise from Wintenka", or something simular in spelling.

peyjenk

Reaction score
I watched the Nancy Walker episode for the first time ever today, and loved it. She was an excellent guest star.

ploobis

Reaction score
I watched the Nancy Walker episode for the first time ever today, and loved it. She was an excellent guest star.
I like the Nancy Walker episode too! I love the Luncheon Counter sketch. Ya know that was the first time we see the Luncheon Counter Monster on The Muppet Show!

I also loved the Benny Hill like opening number with the Whatnots and Crazy Harry! :crazy: