Muppet Show Song Ideas?

Ryan

Reaction score
Hey All!
Since I'm not too good with the outlines, I thought I'd just tell you some ideas I think would be great for TMS

"Beautiful": by The Frackles: Okay, now I can't stand the rest of Christine Aguilera's work, but I think sound would fit perfectly with a discourged Gloat Frackle. During the end of the of the song, a big majority of the monsters (and Gonzo, of course) would join him.

"Walk On By" By Janice and the Linda Rondstat backround singers: I can see her singing this to Zoot, Floyd, and other Assorted males while they walk by (in an outdoors nightlife backdrop, perhaps?). I was originally going to pick Piggy (who would karate chop them all as they walk by) but I didn't think it'd fit.

"Put on a Happy Face" by two Whatnots: Sorry, this was originally Joggy's idea posted on the old MC, but it's just such a good idea :big_grin:

"Lulu's Back in Town" with a whatnot and Beautiful Day In Drag: Of course a reused idea from SS, but it would also work well on TMS

"Strawberry Fields Forever": I can definitley see Floyd playing this, with EM on back.....wow..

"Do You Know The Way To San Jose?": I can see maybe Annie Sue singing this...maybe Piggy...with 3 pigs playing backup

I'll have more soon! :smile:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
From Show Boat, "Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man of Mine" (or 'frog of mine') and maybe "Ol' Man River". Something from Porgy and Bess (we're doing a medley of it in choir, so it's been on my mind). At any rate, something I just mentioned is going in one of my outlines in development, probably Paul Lynde or maybe Gene Wilder.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
all right now-by free: the electric mayhem can play that with either dr. teeth or floyd singing...

another one bites the dust-by queen:electric mayhem with floyd singing

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
band on the run-electric mayhem can do this tune-

Thijs

Reaction score
Beatles - Fool on the Hill (by Gonzo)
10CC - Wallstreet Shuffle (Dr. Teeth with Mayhem)

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
hanging around by the counting crows: all of the muppets can sing it..

ryan

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gorgon Heap
From Show Boat, "Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man of Mine" (or 'frog of mine') and maybe "Ol' Man River". Something from Porgy and Bess (we're doing a medley of it in choir, so it's been on my mind). At any rate, something I just mentioned is going in one of my outlines in development, probably Paul Lynde or maybe Gene Wilder.

A Paul Lynde outline? Whoa! I can't wait to see that one, Gorgon.

-Kim

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Janice singing "Walk Like An Egyptian"
Rowlf singing "Piano Man"
The Elec. Mayhem singing "School's Out" (?)
There are others, I know, I just can't think of 'em right now.....

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Has anyone said Floyd & Janice singing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"?