Muppet Show Song Ideas?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
To gorgon
"Does youre mother know"is an ABBA song about a girl wandering around hiting on people so sweetums and the others ask if hermother knows she's out before she gets in trouble!!!:wink:
from
BARRY LEE
see you next time on PIGS IN SPAAAAACE!!!!!

SamEagle

Reaction score
I think they should do Stuck in the Middle with you by Stealers wheel it an amazing song and would be amazing to see it done by Muppet.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
a song from earth wind and fire would be great for the muppets to sing..like boggie wonderland or september..

ryan

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
SamEagle-

I'm actually putting "Stuck in the Middle with You" into a projected outline, as sung by Floyd & Janice. I thought of the same thing years ago, but thought it would be set on a bus. Apparently, from the words of the song, it sounds like it's at a party, and now I'm trying to decide which (I think bus is funnier).

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I've actually been thinking a/b a "Fiddler on the Roof" themed episode, (my favorite musical), but some of these songs should fit w/Muppet stuff ayway!
"Do You Love Me?" either sung by Kermit & Piggy as Tevye & Golde or by Waldorf & Astoria as themselves. "Wonder of Wonders" sung by Scooter. (To Annie Sue, perhaps, even.) "Far from the Home I Love" sung by Miss Piggy. (This actually comes from another episode idea I thought up, too, where Piggy's mom comes to bring her back to live w/her.....) "Matchmaker" sung by Piggy, Janice, & either female guest, or....hmm....Need another female Muppet....Also, another episode I thought up was one where the Muppets were kicked out of the theater, and their "final", (you didn't think I was REALLY gonna make them LEAVE, did you?), closing number was "Anatevka", though of course, they're all really thinking a/b the theater.....Though they'd all break down before they could finish.....

SamEagle

Reaction score
-Gorgon Heap

It is one of the coolest songs I've ever heard and on a bus would be really funny. My Idea of it would have been them doing it on an elevator. But the bus idea is a very good Idea.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
"All the Lonely People" (from Beatles) sung by Gonzo
"Impossible Dream" by Rowlf
"Mr. Bojangles" by Dr. Teeth
"Love Shack" by Kermit & a bunch of other Muppets
Hahahaha!!!! Stuck in an elevator for "Stuck in the Middle W/You" WOULD be funny!!! OR crammed on a bus/subway.....

P

Philip Kippel

More "Muppet Show" musical number ideas...

"Dixie", as sung by the Traveling Musicians (Leroy the Donkey, T.R. the Rooster, Rover Joe and Catgut)

"I Put a Spell On You" from the Disney film "Hocus Pocus", as sung by Taminella

"Love Potion #9", as sung by Lothar from "The Great Santa Claus Switch"

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Jennifer: I remember you posting that about "Right Field" in that other thread! I think I downloaded that song and gave it a listen; it'd be perfect for Scooter!

"All the Lonely People" (from Beatles) sung by Gonzo
Manda: Are you sure you're not thinking of Eleanor Rigby?

Everything is Beautiful: Sung by three Whatnots resembling Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, and Boris Karloff, with Boppity, Gloat, and Uncle Deadly on backup, along with Svengali (Peter Ustinov ep.) on pipe organ and one of the punk band members from the Debbie Harry episode on tambourine. It could be set in a creepy castle on a stormy night.
*falls over laughing* That'd be great! BlueAM, I love the idea of Whatnots that resemble those three! And how about throwing in the bass player from the Alice Cooper episode (the one with the silver beak)?

Some ideas--

My Old Flame (Spike Jones Version): Sung by either Kermit, Rowlf or Jonny Fiama (first verse) and a Peter Lorre Whatnot (second verse).

Poisoning Pigeons: Sung by Gonzo, and possibly confronted by an angry Bert when the song is finished!

Christmas in the Trenches: For a Christmas-themed show, sung by Scooter. This song was written by John McDermott and is set in World War I. Lyrics can be found at http://www.uslink.net/~atsoden/citt.htm .

I've Got You, Babe: Sung by Floyd and Janice. I already suggested it in a different thread, but would not this song be perfect for those two?

I Am A Man of Constant Sorrow: Sung by the Muppet Jug Band (I know their name; I just can't spell it to save my life).

Pirates Who Don't Do Anything (from Veggietales): Sung by Polly, that other guy who's name I can't remember and Clueless Morgan, or Scooter, Fozzie and Link dressed up as pirates (with Clueless/Link singing Larry's verse...those of you who have heard the song will understand why). I just picked this song because it's silly, and it sounds like something the Muppets would do. Lyrics can be found at http://www.lyricsfreak.com/v/veggietales/32924.htm .

Any Dream Will Do (from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat): Sung by either Kermit or Scooter.

La Vie Boheme (from RENT): Using Travelling Matt's revamped Muppets/RENT cast roster for the performers, and just about everyone else in the background.

Eleanor Rigby: Performed by the Electric Mayhem.

Song of King Herod (From Jesus Christ Superstar): Sung by Floyd. The only version of this song I've heard was sung by Alice Cooper, and right away I could envision Floyd singing it in much the same style and similar voice to how Alice was singing.

Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah (aka Camp Grenada): Sung by Scooter or Robin, in a summer camp setting. A similar setting would be used for the song's sequel (yes it actually HAS one), Return to Camp Grenada.

You Spin Me 'Round: Sung by Wayne and Wanda, spinning on a merry-go-round (like at a playground). Shortly after they start singing, the thing spins out of control and one of them gets flung off.

-Kim

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Santana's "Evil Ways" ('you've got to change- baby') performed by two guys w/a girl who keeps transforming into all sorts of creatures/people/things/etc.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole