Muppet SNL Land of Gorch Skits coming to DVD

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Not sure if this is where it belongs, but this is pretty exciting news:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6503

They are reporting that all episodes from the first season of Saturday Night Live will be released in this 8-disc set, in their entirety! It's pretty amazing to think this is finally going to be a reality, when you take into account the hosts and musical guests and legalities and stuff. Either way, if it's true, as the site claims to have verified, all of the original Land Of Gorch skits will be intact. I can't wait for it! I've only seen one in full, from a late-night re-run of Elliot Gould. I read some transcripts, but that obviously doesn't do it justice. Either way, I'm an SNL fan, too, though I think some of the original NRFPTPs were a little over-rated. Then again, SNL's ever-changing cast has been viewed from terrible trash to comedic genius, throughout the years, by different opinions. Just thought I'd contribute this for its importance in the world of Muppetdom. See ya!

-Squigiman

Convincing John

Reaction score
Awesome!!!

We gotta keep an eye out for it being available on Amazon!

Dec. 5, eh? Can't wait!!!

Convincing John

rexcrk

Reaction score
Wow that's really cool! It would be great if they released JUST the Muppet skits though, I don't really watch SNL and I don't think I'd pick this set up JUST for the Muppets, but I'm glad they're available.

superboober

Reaction score
Beautiful.

Now we'll have to see if we'll get any Gorch-related special features, such as cast members looking back on the series.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
8-disc set?! That will cost a fortune. 0__0

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
This is good. I wonder how much the set will cost.
if they aren't to much I will get them for the Lard of Gorch skits alone!:crazy:

Reaction score
I can't wait to rent this! I have really been wanting to see the Henson skits on SNL ever since I heard about !

Also, I think classic SNL was incredibly funny. :excited:

Marky

Reaction score
I seriously doubt any Diz-owned Muppets will be in that set.