1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet SNL Land of Gorch Skits coming to DVD

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by Squigiman, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Squigiman

Squigiman Active Member

Hey everyone,
    Not sure if this is where it belongs, but this is pretty exciting news:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6503

They are reporting that all episodes from the first season of Saturday Night Live will be released in this 8-disc set, in their entirety! It's pretty amazing to think this is finally going to be a reality, when you take into account the hosts and musical guests and legalities and stuff. Either way, if it's true, as the site claims to have verified, all of the original Land Of Gorch skits will be intact. I can't wait for it! I've only seen one in full, from a late-night re-run of Elliot Gould. I read some transcripts, but that obviously doesn't do it justice. Either way, I'm an SNL fan, too, though I think some of the original NRFPTPs were a little over-rated. Then again, SNL's ever-changing cast has been viewed from terrible trash to comedic genius, throughout the years, by different opinions. Just thought I'd contribute this for its importance in the world of Muppetdom. See ya!

-Squigiman
  2. BradFraggle

BradFraggle Member

3. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Awesome!!!

We gotta keep an eye out for it being available on Amazon!

Dec. 5, eh? Can't wait!!!

Convincing John
  4. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Wow that's really cool! It would be great if they released JUST the Muppet skits though, I don't really watch SNL and I don't think I'd pick this set up JUST for the Muppets, but I'm glad they're available.
  5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

This is good. I wonder how much the set will cost.
  6. superboober

superboober Member

Beautiful.

Now we'll have to see if we'll get any Gorch-related special features, such as cast members looking back on the series.
  7. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

8-disc set?! That will cost a fortune. 0__0
  8. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

if they aren't to much I will get them for the Lard of Gorch skits alone!:crazy:
  9. rachelfromatlanta

rachelfromatlanta New Member

I can't wait to rent this! I have really been wanting to see the Henson skits on SNL ever since I heard about !

Also, I think classic SNL was incredibly funny. :excited:
  10. Marky

Marky Member

I seriously doubt any Diz-owned Muppets will be in that set.
  11. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Well that brings up an interesting thought... who owns the Land of Gorch Muppets? I'd imagine NBC?
  12. Marky

Marky Member

... did they make a Christmas record?
  13. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I think that The Jim Henson Company owns the rights to the Gortch Muppets, while NBC owns the rights to the skits.
  14. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Is that supposed to be funny?
  15. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I can't wait for them.
  16. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Disney doesn't own the Gorch muppets, which were featured in the 1st season of SNL.
  17. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Don't worry about that. As mention, these are not the Kermit and friends Muppets, which are the ones Disney owns. These Muppets are still owned by The Jim Henson Company.

But wow that's awesome, the Classic SNL and Classic Muppets, I think I'm sold. :zany: :excited:
  18. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I just saw one of the articles on the set, it coming with eight discs, :concern: .

That's probably going to cost a lot.
  19. BradFraggle

BradFraggle Member

Reguardless of who owns Gorch (NBC has full ownership of the segments, but I think Henson has some kind of character rights).... Broadway Video confirmed that nothing has been edited from this set. Not a single skit, sketch or musical performance! So Gorch will be intact.
  20. Marky

Marky Member

I was funny considering the other thread.
    Maybe a good re-read would illustrate the humor.