Muppet Specials Free For Everyone

dbeamer

Reaction score
Hello
It's that time of the year again when everyone yearns to see Christmas specials of bygone years. And there is never a shortage of unscrupulous people to try and take peoples hard earned money in exchange for DVD-R copies of said specials. This is illegal and against forum regulations. I have seen "helpful" referrals to Kermiclowns $10 a DVD-R way too many times, suggestions to look on ebay and recently a link to buy a DVD-R copy of A Christmas Together for $30! I am fed up with all of this, it is really a shame that the community here can't come together and help one another out. There are many ways in which these specials could be made available (newsgroups, torrents etc) and I am willing to offer one solution. I will make DVD copies of any of the following materials free of charge via a B&P (http://www.mcnichol.com/bnp/).
It's The Muppets & Meet The Muppets
Muppet Christmas Together/Best Of Kermit (SS)
Muppet Classic Theater
Muppet Specials Vol 1 (Tales Of Bunny Picnic, Of Muppets And Men, Christmas Together)
Muppet Specials Vol 2 (Celebrate Jim Henson, Go Hollywood, Timepiece, Celebrate 30 years)
Muppet Specials Vol 3 (Man Behind The Muppets, At Disney World, World Of Jim Henson)
Muppet Weird Stuff & Rowlf's Rhapsodies
Muppets Storyteller Greek Myths
Muppets Tonight Vol 1
Muppets Tonight Vol 2
Muppets Tonight Vol 3
World Of Jim Henson
Storyteller The Greek Myths
A Muppet Family Christmas & The Christmas Toy (PAL 2003)
The Very Best Of The Muppet Show (50 min compilation, Star Wars & Elton John episodes, Of Muppets And Men & Test Your Knowledge) (PAL 2002)

I only ask that after receiving copies you post here and offer the same to others. I would also ask that if you have copies of other specials or better quality examples that you consider making them available the same way. Note the two DVD's with PAL sources are region free and will work with most DVD players.

Please do not encourage the slimeballs out there by paying for DVD-R copies. There is no value in a DVD-R copy purchased from ebay and other places. As soon as the copies are sold they just burn another and list it. If this person selling A Christmas Together for $30 sold 100 copies this holiday season that's $3000 for a $25 spindle of 100 DVD-R's. DVD-R's cost maybe 50 cents and shipping anywhere in the US is less than 60 cents so any price over $1.25 for a DVD-R copy is a ripoff from a scam artist. If you want copies of any of these things via the B&P offer post here or send a PM.

Luke

Reaction score
The actual link is - http://www.mcnichol.com/bnp/

I think thats a really great and helpful idea for people to get hold of unreleased or out of print stuff. I agree sometimes ebayers are a little greedy with the pricing for copies, especially when they aren't supposed to be selling them. It'd be nice if we could get the B&P thing going here.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Gee, I'd like all of those! Only thing is I dont have recording facilities to make copies for others in return.

dbeamer

Reaction score
Hi Muppetperson
I will still be willing to B&P a set of all of those to you even if you can't continue the offer for others. I have several others who said they will offer the DVD's via B&P after they get them back from me and that's the important thing here - to make them widely available free of charge for the fans. I am hoping others might list a few additional things as well. I'll also add that I have all of the episodes of The Muppet Show season 3-5 in DIVX format (each season takes a single DVD). They will play on any computer and will play on several DVD players (check if yours supports DIVX).

jspess1

Reaction score
dbeamer -
This is such a great idea. I've been trying to find a complete version of A Muppet Family Christmas for a while now. I have a VHS of the released version with the cuts for music rights and I'd love to have to PAL version with the entire special. I'm willing to send the DVD-R blanks if that is the next step. I'm not too clear on the B&P process.
Thanks!

dbeamer

Reaction score
Hi jspess1
The next step would be to send the blank (only one for the Muppet Family Christmas you mentioned) along with a SASE (making sure the return envelope is stamped not metered). The idea is the person making the offer doesn't have to spend any money for postage or for DVD-R's. I simply take your blank DVD burn the copy and pop in the mail in the stamped envelope that you have included which makes it very painless for me. You'll also need to send me a PM so I can give you my address since I don't want to post it in a public forum.

I am willing to do one more B&P for the next person to contact me. After that watch this thread and some new offers should be going up in the next week or so from people I have returned DVD's to.

BEAR

Reaction score
This sounds like an amazing opportunity and also such a fine example of the Christmas spirit. I have always wanted a nice copy of John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together, as well as the Muppets in Walt Disney World (it's amazing this has not been available in stores yet). I have equipment at my parents house to make copies of things as well. I am not the most tech savvy person, but I do my best. Thank you dbeamer.

dbeamer

Reaction score
I am closing my B&P offer for the moment. Next week there should be a new round of offers from other people and I will reopen my offer at that time. For the few people who posted in this thread and expressed interest in this offer but did not send a PM please do so shortly. You will need my contact info and I do not want to post that in a public forum.