1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Specials Free For Everyone

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by dbeamer, Nov 24, 2007.

1. dbeamer

dbeamer New Member

Hello
    It's that time of the year again when everyone yearns to see Christmas specials of bygone years. And there is never a shortage of unscrupulous people to try and take peoples hard earned money in exchange for DVD-R copies of said specials. This is illegal and against forum regulations. I have seen "helpful" referrals to Kermiclowns $10 a DVD-R way too many times, suggestions to look on ebay and recently a link to buy a DVD-R copy of A Christmas Together for $30! I am fed up with all of this, it is really a shame that the community here can't come together and help one another out. There are many ways in which these specials could be made available (newsgroups, torrents etc) and I am willing to offer one solution. I will make DVD copies of any of the following materials free of charge via a B&P (http://www.mcnichol.com/bnp/).
    It's The Muppets & Meet The Muppets
    Muppet Christmas Together/Best Of Kermit (SS)
    Muppet Classic Theater
    Muppet Specials Vol 1 (Tales Of Bunny Picnic, Of Muppets And Men, Christmas Together)
    Muppet Specials Vol 2 (Celebrate Jim Henson, Go Hollywood, Timepiece, Celebrate 30 years)
    Muppet Specials Vol 3 (Man Behind The Muppets, At Disney World, World Of Jim Henson)
    Muppet Weird Stuff & Rowlf's Rhapsodies
    Muppets Storyteller Greek Myths
    Muppets Tonight Vol 1
    Muppets Tonight Vol 2
    Muppets Tonight Vol 3
    World Of Jim Henson
    Storyteller The Greek Myths
    A Muppet Family Christmas & The Christmas Toy (PAL 2003)
    The Very Best Of The Muppet Show (50 min compilation, Star Wars & Elton John episodes, Of Muppets And Men & Test Your Knowledge) (PAL 2002)

I only ask that after receiving copies you post here and offer the same to others. I would also ask that if you have copies of other specials or better quality examples that you consider making them available the same way. Note the two DVD's with PAL sources are region free and will work with most DVD players.

Please do not encourage the slimeballs out there by paying for DVD-R copies. There is no value in a DVD-R copy purchased from ebay and other places. As soon as the copies are sold they just burn another and list it. If this person selling A Christmas Together for $30 sold 100 copies this holiday season that's $3000 for a $25 spindle of 100 DVD-R's. DVD-R's cost maybe 50 cents and shipping anywhere in the US is less than 60 cents so any price over $1.25 for a DVD-R copy is a ripoff from a scam artist. If you want copies of any of these things via the B&P offer post here or send a PM.
  2. Luke

Luke Active Member

The actual link is - http://www.mcnichol.com/bnp/

I think thats a really great and helpful idea for people to get hold of unreleased or out of print stuff. I agree sometimes ebayers are a little greedy with the pricing for copies, especially when they aren't supposed to be selling them. It'd be nice if we could get the B&P thing going here.
  3. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Gee, I'd like all of those! Only thing is I dont have recording facilities to make copies for others in return.
  4. dbeamer

dbeamer New Member

Hi Muppetperson
    I will still be willing to B&P a set of all of those to you even if you can't continue the offer for others. I have several others who said they will offer the DVD's via B&P after they get them back from me and that's the important thing here - to make them widely available free of charge for the fans. I am hoping others might list a few additional things as well. I'll also add that I have all of the episodes of The Muppet Show season 3-5 in DIVX format (each season takes a single DVD). They will play on any computer and will play on several DVD players (check if yours supports DIVX).
  5. Brooklyn

Brooklyn New Member

very nice and generous idea. I'm in!
  6. Muppetlord

Muppetlord New Member

7. jspess1

jspess1 New Member

dbeamer -
    This is such a great idea. I've been trying to find a complete version of A Muppet Family Christmas for a while now. I have a VHS of the released version with the cuts for music rights and I'd love to have to PAL version with the entire special. I'm willing to send the DVD-R blanks if that is the next step. I'm not too clear on the B&P process.
    Thanks!
  8. dbeamer

dbeamer New Member

Hi jspess1
    The next step would be to send the blank (only one for the Muppet Family Christmas you mentioned) along with a SASE (making sure the return envelope is stamped not metered). The idea is the person making the offer doesn't have to spend any money for postage or for DVD-R's. I simply take your blank DVD burn the copy and pop in the mail in the stamped envelope that you have included which makes it very painless for me. You'll also need to send me a PM so I can give you my address since I don't want to post it in a public forum.

I am willing to do one more B&P for the next person to contact me. After that watch this thread and some new offers should be going up in the next week or so from people I have returned DVD's to.
  9. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

This sounds like an amazing opportunity and also such a fine example of the Christmas spirit. I have always wanted a nice copy of John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together, as well as the Muppets in Walt Disney World (it's amazing this has not been available in stores yet). I have equipment at my parents house to make copies of things as well. I am not the most tech savvy person, but I do my best. Thank you dbeamer.
  10. dbeamer

dbeamer New Member

I am closing my B&P offer for the moment. Next week there should be a new round of offers from other people and I will reopen my offer at that time. For the few people who posted in this thread and expressed interest in this offer but did not send a PM please do so shortly. You will need my contact info and I do not want to post that in a public forum.
  11. lisamac

lisamac New Member

This is a great and generous idea DBeamer! If anyone gets the Muppet Family Christmas and would be willing to burn it for me, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!
  12. lyndasty

lyndasty New Member

I have been looking ALL OVER for a copy of John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together for my Dad...and I've been looking for over 10 years now. If ANYONE gets a copy of this, I would be MORE than happy to send a DVD-R and a SASE if you'd be willing to copy it for me. I would love to surprise my Dad with this show for Christmas! :) And I'd also be more than happy to copy it for anyone else.

Desiree :mad:
  13. We shouldn't really need to do this at all. Why don't the bigwigs at Disney realise that they are sitting on a potential goldmine of unreleased or no longer available Muppet specials? Even The Muppets At Walt Disney World would be a great one to have on DVD and surely Disney would have no copyright problems with that?
  14. Muppetlord

Muppetlord New Member

I have the following shows:

Muppets Tonight Disc 1 Episodes 1-4
    Muppets Tonight Disc 2 Episodes 5-8
    Muppets Tonight Disc 3 Episodes 9-12
    Muppets Tonight Disc 4 Episodes 13-16
    Muppets Tonight Disc 5 Episodes 17-20
    Muppets Tonight Disc 6 Episodes 21-22

The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson

Of Muppets and Men (Making of the Muppets)

Muppet Christmas Together/Best Of Kermit on Sesame Street

Man Behind The Muppets, Muppets At Disney World, World Of Jim Henson

Muppet Weird Stuff & Rowlf's Rhapsodies

Tales Of Bunny Picnic, Of Muppets And Men, Christmas Together

Non-Muppet Discs​
    Legend of the Superheroes
    The Challenge and The Roast-----Each of these episodes were hour-long episodes from the 70’s and displayed different D.C. heroes and villains. Staring Adam West (Batman) and Burt Ward (Robin). This campy live action show also had the Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Huntress, Black Canary, Weather Wizard, Captain Marvel, Solomon Grundy and more.

1977 Star Wars Holiday Special

I can make copies for the next 3 people that PM me (I don't want to overload myself) (and please don't say a copy of everthing :) )
  15. Muppetlord

Muppetlord New Member

I am closing my offer for now, as I got overloaded quickly :)
  16. dbeamer

dbeamer New Member

I have sent all the copies and I don't think I have any more incoming B&P's right now. Since Muppetlord continued the sharing I am reopening my B&P offer and will keep it open until I get bogged down in requests again. I will continue to reopen my B&P offer after I clear the backlog as long as others continue to share here. If anyone else has any additional specials not yet listed please consider sharing them among us fans.
  17. Luke

Luke Active Member

I like this idea, maybe if people are looking for anything specific they could post a request and see if anyone can fulfill it.
  18. I have the full UK versions of The Muppet Movie and A Muppet Family Christmas on original videos but I'm not sure how easy it would be for me to copy it on DVD for view in the US, plus it's a fairly cheap DVD/VHS combined machine so menu screens and such like can't be done.
  19. effyman

effyman New Member

What a great idea dbeamer! I've been looking for some of these for my sister - Muppet Family Christmas and The Christmas Toy. Last year she re-recorded these from old 80's Beta tapes onto dvd, but the originals were in pretty rough shape. I'm also looking for an unedited Emmit Otter (not the HBO version, but the later one with Kermit). If anyone is willing to burn one, please let me know. I am sending a PM to you now, dbeamer.
  20. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Uh... The original version of Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas, which aired on HBO, is the one with Kermit. It was the one released these last few years that has Kermit edited out.
    Hope this helps, welcome to Muppet Central, and have fun exploring the rest of the forums.