1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet/Star Wars figures revealed at SW Weekends

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by goldengonzo, May 23, 2011.

1. goldengonzo

goldengonzo Member

2. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

these look really good sadly i can't get them here but man o man would i love that sam and bunsen and it was a good idea to put link as han solo i hope they release more of these pepe as a jawa statler or waldorf aspalpatine :)
  3. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Hmmm... honestly? I think the designs looked better on paper than they do in 3-D. Maybe these are just prototypes, though, with some tweaking left to be done.

Alex
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It's about what I expected. Hoped for something better, but these are okay. I like that the helmets come off. Might pick them up.
  5. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

6. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

Oh my... I love them! I love them all! Can't wait to purchase Han. <3
  7. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

By the look of the baseball compared to beaker, they don't look like they're in scale. :(
  8. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

In scale to what? To the Palisades toys? Sadly, no, I asked that very question when the designs were first announced publicly, last August. Their reply was that they would be smaller than the Palisades toys.

Or did you mean they're not in scale to each other? Beaker does look a little short compared to Sam. Shrug.

Alex
  9. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

In scale with palisades. Beaker looks like the same size as palisades kermit!
  10. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Hey guys, remember those official pics that I linked above?

[​IMG]

Well, in the article (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/06/the-force-is-strong-with-the-muppets-at-disney-parks/) it mentioned that the pics were taken on the desk of a guy for whom-- simply by chance-- I already had the email address!

I wrote him on the 1st, and just got a reply as to the specific heights of the figures.

He only lists specific heights for two of them: Kermit is 3-1/4" tall, and Piggy is 4-1/4" tall.

But you can gauge the rest from there. I doubt any of them would be over 4-3/4".

Comparing them to the Palisades toys, I just measured a First Mate Miss Piggy at 6-1/8" tall, and a Captain Smollett Kermit at 4-1/2" (sans hat).

The Disney figures will come to approximately the shoulders of their Palisades counterparts.

Alex
  11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Beautiful, couldn't have asked for anything more:)

So I'm guessing late august-mid sept these suckers come out?
  12. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

thats a good size not to big not to small heres hoping these get sold in the uk when they come out
  13. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Sorry, Rowlfy, these are Disney Parks-exclusive merchandise. Even for those of us here in America, it's tricky to nab them. To illustrate, even though I am only one state over from Florida, where Walt Disney World is located, the bulk of my theme park exclusives come from a friend in California who has an annual pass to Disneyland and goes constantly. In fact, at the moment I am awaiting a big box full of stuff he bought me at the opening of Star Tours 2. He would have sent it already, but I keep finding out about additional pieces and sending him back for more, LOL!

Alex