Muppet Storyline Continuity

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
This reminds me of how Tony Danza's character is "Tony" in several different shows. But that's another story.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I believe that MFS is supposed to be real muppet world.also it is true they are actors,but as said in The Muppet Show the backstage and such features their real personas

Salmoto

Reaction score
I agree. The real Muppet world involves the Muppets recognizing themselves as actors instead of characters. Kermit is on vacation from acting in the movie, Piggy is attempting a new wrinkle to her impressive resume, Fozzie is holding a jokebook and Animal's got his drusticks. Nothing is removed from the Muppets personae in this movie, except for what was deleted out of the naiviete of the writing staff.

beaker

Reaction score
No movie, or even TMS backstage stuff is the actual Muppet continuity as far as the Muppets as actors. When ya see the Muppets on the today show, leno, muppetfest, etc...THATS the Muppets personal life. I mean Kermit still jokes about him and Piggy not being married. In the context of muppet 'story' continuum...then sure TMS counts, as does JHH and MT! The movies are its own seperate thing...ESPECIALLY those classic retellings.