Muppet Survivor 2: Questions/Discussion Thread

BEAR

Reaction score
**Here is where you may post your questions or concerns regarding the game so that we do not "muffin" the game thread too much.**

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... You said that we should change our avatars to the character we're playing, otherwise it'd be token that we'd be speaking in character when we do speak if our avatar and character don't match... Right?
No problem there, that's kind of one of the reasons I chose my namesake.

What worries me is the color we have to type in... Is that the reasoning behind the Favorite Color question in the character profile?
Cause... Don't rully know how to change my type from color to color. And frankly, since what I type and read comes out as speech anyway... Would it make sense to have to adopt a color for my character when he's speaking? Or do I have to necessarily change my type's color?
Will await further instructions. Thanks Bry.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
OK... You said that we should change our avatars to the character we're playing, otherwise it'd be token that we'd be speaking in character when we do speak if our avatar and character don't match... Right?
No problem there, that's kind of one of the reasons I chose my namesake.

What worries me is the color we have to type in... Is that the reasoning behind the Favorite Color question in the character profile?
Cause... Don't rully know how to change my type from color to color. And frankly, since what I type and read comes out as speech anyway... Would it make sense to have to adopt a color for my character when he's speaking? Or do I have to necessarily change my type's color?
Will await further instructions. Thanks Bry.

The Favorite Color question in the profile really has nothing to do with the playing of the game. It was mainly just for fun.
As for the typing in color thing, you don't need to worry about it, Ed, as I understand your situation. Frankly, I thought of you when putting that in the rules. The main reason for the 2 teams respective colors was just to make it easier for everyone to distinguish who belongs to what team when reading. Ed, as long as you can remember who (MC member and character) is on your team (and I know you have an excellent memory) then you are excused from that rule.
When the 2 teams merge as one later on in the game, everyone is free to use whatever type color they want, should they choose one. I would assume they would use whatever color corresponds to your character sort of the way we use colors in the Dorms. For example, Kermit would probably use green, Grover would use blue, and you (the Count) might use a purple color. It is all up to the player there.
Avators: I recommend people change their avators to show their characters, but some people grow very attached to avators they love, so there is another option. That option is to simply use the character's name before their written speech, like in script form (again, just like in the Dorms).
Example:

Kermit: Hi ho, everyone!

Does any of that make sense? i hope so.

F

furryredmonster

It says we start building our shelters and gathering food now, does that mean after everyone makes their little profile or can we start doing that now? :confused:

BEAR

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
It says we start building our shelters and gathering food now, does that mean after everyone makes their little profile or can we start doing that now? :confused:

Hmm...I'd like to say that we should wait until everyone has posted their profiles. That way, we know that everyone is here and ready to start playing. That is a problem we sort of ran into last time. Someone signed up to play and then never really started to join until it was too late and they had to automatically be voted out. We don't want that this time. We want for everyone to be in the loop when we start and to know that the people who signed up are indeed intending to play. Hope this answers your question.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
The Count said:
This is the first time I've ever changed my avatar, but I can see how it could get confusing, especially since there is someone playing as gonzo.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
i thought i'd let you know that I'm gonna be gone this weekend, so I won't be posting until saturday

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... That does make sense. Thanks for understanding and answering our questions Bryan.

BEAR

Reaction score
Gonzo14 said:
i thought i'd let you know that I'm gonna be gone this weekend, so I won't be posting until saturday
That's fine. You don't have to be posting every single day. We all have lives. Just post when you can. Just try and post at least a few times out of the week so we are still aware of your presence on the "Island". Even when you aren't online to post it is just assumed that you are somewhere around the island and other characters will still possibly try and talk to you or find you. You mainly want to be around for the challenges, but I usually allow a reasonable amount of time to complete those. And then you will need to be around for the voting when that time comes. So basically, don't worry about it if you aren't going to be posting for a few days.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Actually... That does make sense. Thanks for understanding and answering our questions Bryan.

Ed, off the record, I am curious to know how your system works on your computer that you sort of mentioned in your first post here. If you want to answer PM that is fine. It just sounds interesting.