Muppet Terror....

Beauregard

Reaction score
This fan-fic is dedicated to the two lives that have been so far reported as lost from the bombings in London this morning...

__

Rowlf got onto the train at King’s Cross station at 10:00 am. He sat down between a fat woman with a wide-brimmed hat and a rabbit in a pet-carrier on her knees, and a gentleman with a morning paper. They travelled in silence for a few minutes, then Rowlf risked conversation. “Travel often?” he asked the fat woman.

The woman gave him a long glare down her nose. “Hmpf,” she said. She got up, and moved across the carriage to another empty seat.

“What did I say?” Rowlf murmured. “I wasn’t even scratching or anythi-“

A massive bang jolted the train. The animal cage slipped from the fat woman’s grasp. It hit the floor. The cage broke open. The gentleman was flung forward. He hit his knee sharply on the deck. Rowlf grabbed a pole, but fell onto his side. There were screams.

“What’s happening?” the fat woman cried in a wobbly voice. “What’s happening?”

The lights flashed on and off. Smoke crept into the carriage.

*^*^*^*

Kermit flipped on the television, and the first thing he saw were reports of multiple explosions in London. He thought first of his friends the Hoobs, filming there. Then he remembered…Rowlf, Miss Piggy…

His breath caught. He felt behind him for the couch. The door opened, and Robin stood there. “Uncle Kermit?” Robin’s eyes turned to the TV. “Oh no…”

*^*^*^*

Miss Piggy was in London for the Olymics celebration. She’d been hoping to visit France, and celebrate in beloved Pari’ with shopping, and champagne. Still, London wasn’t too bad. She looked at her watch, 10:13. Well, they’d be just time for a cappuccino, and a change before the photo shoot, she had picked out some especially Athletic and Olympic looking clothes for the occasion.

She would never know if she heard, felt, or simply knew the explosions first. One minute, nothing. The next a bus passed her, and then, fire and explosion ripping the bus apart like a can of sardines. The wave knocked her back. She tripped on her heels. Her head hit the pavement.

She felt no pain at first, just a stickiness. Then all went black.

To be continued as reports come in...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Another touching story Bo? Good start. For once, I'm more concerned about Piggy's wellfare.

On another note, it's a shame that some people feel such jealousy and rage that they can't let others enjoy one single moment of happiness. Haven't seen any reports yet, probably will once I dettach from the computer and flip on the ol' tube.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Good story Beau, tough topic. As soon as I heard the news this morning I immediately thought of all my UK friends here on MC.

Vibs

Reaction score
Nice start Beau. And sad. And scary. I sure hope everyone from UK inhere is okay!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Here is part two, where I try to capture the feelings of onlookers, and relitives of the injored. I feel inadiquate to begin such a task, but hope it will help those who cannot begin to feel what they are feeling, to share the hurt, and feel the pain. Pray for these people. So many people.

___

On Sesame Street, Big Bird joined the small group who had gathered around the TV set at Looper’s store, no, Hooper’s store. Bert was there, and Ernie. Maria was trying to explain what was going on in a way they could understand. “Something bad,” she said, “Has happened. In England. Today. People are injured, hurt, and…others are…sad. I want us to think of them, and pray for them.”

The bell chimed as the door was thrown open. It was Bob. “Maria, I just heard from Kermit. Rowlf the Dog and Miss Piggy were in London. He hasn’t heard from either of them, except that Rowlf was meant to be on a train.”

“What?” Maria asked. “What train?”

“One of the trains…” Bob said.

“Oh no.”

Big Bird looked up. He saw fear on their faces. He’d seen it before, on September the eleventh. Then, they had feared for the world, now they feared for friends.

*^*^*^*

It was hot. Beads of sweat crawled down Rowlf’s skin, like grimy ants. His eyes stung from smoke. The fat woman was alternately crying and demanding help. “Help uuus!” she shouted. He couldn’t think straight, his mind was a whirling mass. Soot.

Rowlf moved on hands and knees. He pulled himself up. Stepped forward. And the doors. And they were right there in front of him. Rowlf moved his hand from the support bars to the door handle. He pulled, once twice. Stuck. He slammed his hand against the door, rested his head against the plexiglass. Then he began to cough, and needed fresh air, but there was none. He was stuck. They were stuck. He turned, couldn’t see. He couldn’t see them. His ears felt fogged from the blast. Rowlf, his name was Rowlf. He hated confined spaces. It was so hot. Calm down. Breathe.

And there was glass everywhere. There had been an explosion. That much Rowlf knew. The carriage in front seemed to be blown away, the whole ceiling caved in.

Rowlf started to pray.

*^*^*^*

“Miss? Miss…are you alright? Miss?”

A fuzzy figure bent over her. Her eyes flickered open. “Where?” Miss Piggy mouthed. “Where?”

“Shh,” the figure said. His voice was gentle, soft. “I’m going to try to help you.”

“What…happened?” Miss Piggy asked. She tired to sit up, but her head hurt.

The man was Sam Johnson. He worked in the next street. He’d frozen dead still in the moment of the explosion, then come running. People would need his help. He thought there was a war. No, that was silly. But he had never wanted to join the army, he would never kill. He wouldn’t have to.

Miss Piggy looked terrible. Her clothes were torn, she lay on the street while people ran around her carrying injured, and others stood in shock and pain and just stared at the mangled skeleton that was a city bus. Miss Piggy’s chocolate died hair was a sticky mass. A siren echoed off the buildings. Emergency services. At last.

“It’ll be alright,” Sam said. He willed his voice to be reassuring. “It will be alright, Miss.”

*^*^*^*

“Shock waves have hit the nation,” declared the newsflash. “We have reports coming in of at least four blasts in London. The latest a Double Decker bus.”

Kermit couldn’t stay still, so he paced. He’d alerted his friends, they would be thinking, praying, for Rowlf and Miss Piggy now. He’d done all he could.

Dr Teeth stood in the doorway. His face etched with worry. Kermit…” he said, trying to offer support. But he could say no more. He could offer no condolences, for he could not guarantee everything would be ok.

Outside, Beauregard swept the same patch on the porch over and over and over. He was too worried to notice. His swept in fierce, fast strokes. Miss Piggy could be dead. Fozzie came up to him. He rested a hand on Beau’s shoulder. Sweep. Sweep. Fozzie took hold of the broom gently, and took it away. Beauregard choked on a sobbing breath, and started to cry.

*^*^*^*

“My baby!” the fat woman screamed.

Rowlf moved towards the sound. The soot was clearing, but he could hardly see. What he did see was carnage. He didn’t, couldn’t, think about it now. He concentrated on helping thee woman. “Madam?” Rowlf said, and held back a coughing fit. “Madam, can I help?”

She was sat on the floor of the train, clutching the pet-carrier close to her chest. “My baby is gone.”

The rabbit, Rowlf remembered. He gripped her hand. “I’ll find it,” he promised. They had to get out of there.

There was a sound of smashing glass. People kicking out the windows to escape. Rowlf would help them. He would help the woman. He had to help. He realised his leg was hurting. He felt it withhis fingers, but it was not bleeding, not broken. He would live. But what of the others? He couldn’t help them all. He felt so hopeless.

He smelt fire.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Love your writing Beau,another masterpiece.

*:sympathy: for all of those involved in your story*

Vibs

Reaction score
I don't know what to say, again your writing has amazed me. Not only the way you write the way you connect real life situations with the muppets and... wow. It's really touching Beau, especially because it is not "only" a story. I'll be praying for ... I'll be praying.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah man... Rully turrible what happened. But... What made you decide on Rowlf and Piggy as the ones in London affected by the bombings?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<stunned silence>

...I knew I was missing something by sleeping in, but... this...

...wow...

...I mean....

<stunned silence>