1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"Muppet Theatre" silk screen print by James Carroll available Tuesday April 24

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Apr 23, 2012.

1. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

The numbers read 1/200 - 2/200 for the standard and 1/50 - 50/50 for each variant so i'm not sure what 276 means. I'd welcome a reprinting, but that's the nature of limited editions. Maybe they can widen the scope for future submissions. :confused:
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  2. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Exactly, ugh. :grr:
    For real!! :D Why oh why are our beloved Muppets so undervalued?!? And it just keeps happening, that's what's so maddening. Here's the stuff that's really gotten to me the past year:

• Jamie's "Muppetational Mosaic" T-shirt selling out on Threadless, still no reprints (even during/after the success of the new movie?!? A real "duh" moment).
    • Too many edits on the actual film, especially the HUGE plot-point regarding Tex and laughing.
    • Very little movie tie-in merchandise, then, surprise surprise, no restocks for AGES (and the restocked Kermit plush at Disney Stores are sadly kinda ugly. :p )
    • The 10 or so different versions of the home release, confusing anyone who didn't want the Wocka Wocka edition.
    • Now the too few prints of Jamie's AWESOME TMS 35th Anniversary piece, maybe/hopefully they'll do another run of unsigned prints, to save Jamie's invaluable hands. *insert "talented" Muppet Smiley here*

Hmm, I'm not usually one for ranting, or does this even qualify? I'm pretty mellow and happy for the most part. :laugh: I sure don't mean to put a dampener on this thread, this beautiful work of art is the happiest news!! :D Anyhow, I bought one of these beautiful prints, cuz really, of course I wouldn't miss this for anything!! James, the FrogBoy of yore, you sir, are a Master of Muppets! :wisdom:

But yeah, if they do another run of the "red carpet" variant, I'm in. I'll be sure to visit Frisco myself, and hopefully get a personalized signature from the artiste himself! ;)

Cheers!
    :)
    Anthony
    jvcarroll likes this.
  3. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I really want these! I missed all of them!!
    Can someone let me know when they come back?
    BTW, Congrats James! These are really nice! :fanatic:
    jvcarroll likes this.
  4. Walter White

Walter White New Member

Aww, the site says available, but it comes up as sold out when I click to add it to the cart. What a beautiful piece!
    jvcarroll likes this.
  5. KermieBaby47

Oh wow!! Now ALL of them are sold out?!? I bet that site has never seen anything go so fast before, it's gotta be a record.

Sincerely so, SO sorry to those who missed out! :sympathy: I didn't get the version I reeeeeely wanted, but believe me, I count myself VERY lucky to have gotten one at all. :halo: ("halo" smiley in lieu of non-existent "thankful" smiley, lol. Looks like we still need more smilies Jamie! Ha ha)
    jvcarroll likes this.
  6. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

If I only had a money tree...:/ Just goes to show The Muppets are baaaaaaaack!
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  7. Pinkflower7783

Haha they flew like the "Best Buy lunchbox" sets. XD
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  8. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I think I know why a lot of the Muppet merchandise is going in the direction of "limited editions".Sadly, Muppet items dont sell that well.I am sure we have all seen Muppet items in stores that have been marked down in the reduced to clear bin after taking a long time to sell.This is damaging to a licensor planing to make Muppet merchandise as they dont want to lose money.However, if they only make a small amount to undercut demand, then they will sell out and bring confidence to the manufactuers.I guess there will be fans who miss out and then create a market for skelpers to prey on the desparate and make money, but at least it is better than no merchandise.
  9. jvcarroll

[​IMG]
    Thanks everybody for your support!!!
    They won't likely release this one again, but this is likely the first of several pieces this year. Stay tuned.​
    muppetperson and theprawncracker like this.
  10. Pinkflower7783

I love hearing about Muppet merchaindise being SOLD OUT!
    Nasubionna likes this.
  11. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

:grr: I really wanted that. I'm glad to hear they'll be more. Just keep me posted!
    jvcarroll likes this.
  12. j3h

j3h Active Member

Awesome piece of art James!

I was lucky and happened to check my iPhone just as they went up for sale and was able to order the Red Carpet version. Next steps are to wait for it to arrive, then get it framed.
    jvcarroll likes this.
  13. KermieBaby47

Several more designs from you, or others, or... both?! ;) Cooler than cool, either way. You can never have too many Muppety masterpieces on the wall, the more the merrier! :dreamy:
    jvcarroll likes this.
  14. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Yesterday this chat forum had a banner at the foot of the page linking to the art work site. The muppets logo had droop draped over the 'm' but I can't see him in the actual piece?? Is droop in it or was he edited!! I'd love to see a better pic of that banner if anyone can help??
    Chris
    jvcarroll likes this.
  15. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

In the actual piece, Droop is in between Kermit and Gonzo with his nose hanging over the "E" of "Muppets". Hope that helps!
    jvcarroll likes this.
  16. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Thanks cindy. I can't believe I didn't see him I searched all over. Nice to see he's still included.

Chris
  17. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

I can believe it. I'm tellin' ya, it's like a game in Highlights magazine or something. I truly see something new every time I look at it. LOL!
  18. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

My poster (the standard version, #106!) arrived today, and it's so gorgeous! Can't wait to get it framed and hung up. :D
    jvcarroll likes this.
  19. jvcarroll

Glad to hear it!!! The silkscreen printers did a beautiful job! Could you tell me how it came? Rolled in a tube? Wrapped in plastic? Any materials with it?
  20. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

They did indeed do a beautiful job (as did you, of course!). It came rolled in brown paper within a very sturdy shipping tube, via Fed Ex Home delivery. No plastic wrap. The only additional materials it came with were an invoice and certificate of authenticity.