1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Theory: Chaos vs. Order

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by DTWolf, Jun 16, 2012.

1. DTWolf

DTWolf Member

An editor at Slate Magazine recently published an article claiming that human beings can be divided up into two categories: Chaos Muppets (like Cookie, Animal, or Ernie) and Order Muppets (like Sam, Kermit, or Bert). All of us, she says, are basically one or the other. She gives examples using U.S. Supreme Court justices, among others. You can read the article here:

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/...t_kind_of_muppet_are_you_chaos_or_order_.html

Also, NPR's Weekend Edition has done a short interview about the piece:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/...ning-muppet-theory-are-you-an-ernie-or-a-bert
  2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Y'know, at first I was thinking that this theory is worthless, but now, the more I think about it, I love this theory. That everything needs the perfect balance of chaos and order Muppets to make the world function. It's outstanding logic. You just might see a post on this on my blog, Dynamite Determination, at some point in time.

I'm a chaos Muppet, by the way.
  3. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    My brother sent me the article and I sent it on to many peeps. It is absolutely correct! Balance! Yin and yang! Gonzo and Kermit! Ernie and Bert!

I believe I am largely an Order Muppet...but I appreciate Chaos.
    -------------
  4. Ceris

Ceris New Member

I've had enjoyable discussions surrounding this. Both my husband and I are precarious balances of Oder surrounding Chaos - or the other way around. One friend is entirely a Chaos Muppet. I find it interesting that they are likely drawn to a type of Muppet that speaks to their inner type of Muppet.
  5. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

What about Beauregard? He is the janitor (contributes to the show) but often does things wrong (chaos).