Muppet Treasure Island Re-released on DVD in UK

markit

Reaction score
There's a new issue of 'Muppet Treasure Island' out now on DVD available at TESCO in the UK, with some new extras, I've not picked it up yet as I already have it twice, but will no doubt get it as it's only around £4, it's a different cover from the 50th Anniversary release and it has the new Muppets logo at the bottom of the cover so I assume Disney are re-packaging their previous Muppet movies.

It's not listed on the Tesco website, so I guess it's in-store only.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Great! I'll have to have a look at that.

I wonder if they are planing on a BluRay release any time soon.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
What are the special features on this disc? Can you post some pics of the cover?

markit

Reaction score
Will do , as soon as i've bought it, the special features were like a Retrospective on Fozzie, but I don't know if that's like the profiles they did, on previous releases, which weren't great, or something new. Will find out soon :smile:

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this!

It's odd it hasn't popped up anywhere else. I wonder if it's a Tesco exclusive (at least for now)?

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I popped into Tesco today and they had the Treasure Island rerelease as well as a rerelease of 'The Great Muppet Caper' which I picked up. Like Treasure Island, it doesn't have any new bonus features, but it does have a nice cover.

They also had some Muppet plushes very similar to the one's here: http://bloodsweatandfashion.com/disney-unveils-muppets-inspired-fashion-range/ but not in boxes and only 5" or 6" for about £5 each.

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
not too sure on the rebranding, I prefer the original 50th anniversary style. Does anyone else feel like they look like bargain PC game cases?

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
not too sure on the rebranding, I prefer the original 50th anniversary style. Does anyone else feel like they look like bargain PC game cases?
Yes, I know what you mean. That was how I first felt completely, but it has grown on me a bit. I'm still not sure about it, but at least it shows Disney is still a bit interested in the older movies.