1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Muppet Valentine Show: Did they really sing "How Much is that Doggie in the Window"?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Jeffrey Gray, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Well-Known Member

Here's something that puzzles me. Reading the guide to The Muppet Valentine Show, I noticed this:

"Mia and Rufus then sing "How much is that Doggy in the window". [This song has been edited out of this special when it has re-aired on television. In February 1993 when the pilot was shown on Nickelodeon and February 2002 when it aired on YTV in Canada.]"

Now, here is what confuses me. The Museum of Television and Radio has a supposedly uncut copy, with original commercials...yet it still lacks this scene! I don't get it...did this scene actually exist? And if so, does anyone here have the uncut version on tape?

I'm REALLY confused by this...

2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

This clip does exist. You can hear the song begin to play as the show fades to black for a commercial. I believe the clip was on the original Henson.com that launched in September 1997.

3. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Well-Known Member

Guys,

Does anyone actually have this segment ?

thanks

4. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Well-Known Member

Contrary to popular belief, the missing song was in fact "Those Endearing Young Charms." Just goes to show how trustworthy IMDB is. :smirk:

5. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Well-Known Member

So does anyone actually have the "Those Endearing Young Charms." segment?

6. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I have the Doggy In The Window sequence I believe. I'd be happy to send it to you over AIM or something, but I'll have to verify first.

7. Banjo Matt

Banjo Matt Well-Known Member

Man, internet archive sure can ALL!!!!

By the way the clip on internet was NOT the doggie in the winder, but the song Miss Mousey & Kermit do with the Banjo Frogs :) .

Give it a try, you'll see

By the way WHO HAS THAT CLIP?

8. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Oh, boy. Just came across this thread. So what's the status?

9. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I think it's been confirmed that the Doggy in the Window song was never actually used, but has instead been confused with "Those Endearing Young Charms."