Muppet Valentine Show: Did they really sing "How Much is that Doggie in the Window"?

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Here's something that puzzles me. Reading the guide to The Muppet Valentine Show, I noticed this:

"Mia and Rufus then sing "How much is that Doggy in the window". [This song has been edited out of this special when it has re-aired on television. In February 1993 when the pilot was shown on Nickelodeon and February 2002 when it aired on YTV in Canada.]"

Now, here is what confuses me. The Museum of Television and Radio has a supposedly uncut copy, with original commercials...yet it still lacks this scene! I don't get it...did this scene actually exist? And if so, does anyone here have the uncut version on tape?

I'm REALLY confused by this...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This clip does exist. You can hear the song begin to play as the show fades to black for a commercial. I believe the clip was on the original Henson.com that launched in September 1997.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Does anyone actually have this segment ?

thanks

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Contrary to popular belief, the missing song was in fact "Those Endearing Young Charms." Just goes to show how trustworthy IMDB is. :smirk:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
So does anyone actually have the "Those Endearing Young Charms." segment?

Oliver

Reaction score
I have the Doggy In The Window sequence I believe. I'd be happy to send it to you over AIM or something, but I'll have to verify first.

Banjo Matt

Reaction score
Man, internet archive sure can ALL!!!!

By the way the clip on internet was NOT the doggie in the winder, but the song Miss Mousey & Kermit do with the Banjo Frogs :smile: .

Give it a try, you'll see

By the way WHO HAS THAT CLIP?

gravy

Reaction score
Oh, boy. Just came across this thread. So what's the status?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Oh, boy. Just came across this thread. So what's the status?
I think it's been confirmed that the Doggy in the Window song was never actually used, but has instead been confused with "Those Endearing Young Charms."