1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Muppet Vinylmation series 3?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by muppetlover123, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

I was able to snatch up a set of 12 today, including the chaser, for about $170. I am so excited!!!
    [​IMG]

2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Wow that's an amazing deal. Happy for you

3. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I don't know how you managed to pull off that one. :smirk: And you got the Walter! I really need to find me one of those!
    Are there a limited amount of chasers out there?

4. muppetlover123

I dont think so maybe?

5. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

There is one per box, while the others have 2 per box. I was lucky enough to get a Waldo last year! Blind Boxed! :)

Muppet fan 123 and Muppetboy09 like this.
  6. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I meant how many chasers were put into production? What are the chances of finding a chaser in your box? Are there only 100 chasers out there?

7. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Well, there is one chaser per case of 24 vinylmation. There are two sets of the known (common) vinylmation, plus one extra figure. So, there may be two sets of the 11 non-chasers and an extra Kermit vinylmation (just an example). So, your odds are 1 in 24. Not bad, really.

(and, uh, in case anyone was wondering how I knew that, I got a Walter chaser, too.)

muppetlover123 likes this.
  8. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Muppetboy09 likes this.
  9. muppetlover123

Exactly.... lol

10. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Bah, these people don't know what they're talking about...

http://vinylmationkingdom.com/2013/07/28/hits-and-misses-muppets-3/

They think that Gonzo, Miss Piggy, Sam, Animal, and Kermit are the winners (They are great vinyls, but we've seen them all before), and think that Beau, Crazy Harry, and the Newsman are bad because they are "less well known". :p

muppetlover123 and Muppetboy09 like this.
  11. Muppetboy09

I personally think the vinylmations keep getting better and better for us true muppet fans, because the artists are slowly running out of MAIN characters, and giving us more obscure characters!!!

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  12. muppetlover123

yeah
    yeah i agree if we can get mahna mahna and uncle deadly i think if they make a series 4 we can get a johnny fiama sal clifford bobo 80's robot miss poogy Constantine thog lips walter in his blue suit robin and maybe dr teeth with a hat and a Jim Henson chaser....

theres 13 right there there is enough for another set.

on a different note i wonder what 9" figures we will be getting this series

13. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

I know! But, the main thing that gets me is that, if avid Vinylmation collectors (who, might I add, are quite obsessed with even the worst of series), don't react well to more obscure Muppets as Vinylmation, then Disney will become cautious to make more merchandise of said obscure characters (because, god forbid, Disney loses money). Don't get me wrong, the day we get a series even somewhat similar to this one, will be the day I buy case:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Muppet-Vinylmation-4-Proposal-257238068

muppetlover123 likes this.
  14. muppetlover123

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    all these except news man crazy harry mahna mahna and snowths uncle deadly and beau i wouldnt mind i would love a blue suit walter.

I would even be willing to buy this set if they run out of ideas....
    [​IMG]

love the idea of iconic muppet movie and tv show moments i especially love the comic glasses the fozzie kermit and MTM kermit disguise gonzo balloon floating rainbow connnection and EM bus and animal growing

15. muppetlover123

sorry to double post but anyone getting a full 24 set want to give me the display box its design is really cool

16. Muppetboy09

Got my :fanatic: in the mail today...HE IS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!! You really can't appreciate the detail on his watch until you see it in person (it is so tiny). WAY worth the $40. Now I just have to wait for the arrival of my other 11 figures!

17. muppetlover123

lucky son of a gun!

CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  18. muppetlover123

Unboxing video of 24 case... these figures are the best so far!!

19. Muppetboy09

Are those your figures? If so, congrats!

20. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Once again, I'm loving the Merlidop and Baby Koozebanian in Kermits' ears, even if only 10% of the people buying these will know who they are.

And I'm not even going to comment on how frustrated I am that Animal gets the extra figure per case. Because, we ALL LOVE Animal, right? Heh, NOPE.