1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Vision music!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MuppetVision3D, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Okay, okay, I need some help. For those of you who have made the trip to walt disney world or disneyland to see Muppetvision 3D, have you heard the cool instrumental running soundtrack? At disney world, they used to play it in the courtyard outside of the theater but now they only play it in the hallway leading to the pre-show . It may be the coolest music ever made. It consists of all the classics from the muppet movies (rainbow connection, movin' right along, together again, etc.) but they are all instrumental versions that sound like they are performed by an orchestra. I'm desperate to get this music. Is there anyone who has it or maybe knows where it comes from? Is there a possibility of me getting a job at disney world and borrowing the cd overnight to make a copy? (yes, I'm willing to go that far) Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you can't help, can someone at least testify to the grooviness of the music.
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Sorry, but there would be absolutely NO CHANCE you could ever borrow their CD's or other such "show" music from the theme parks.

Getting a job there, locking yourself in the hallway after hours with a tape recorder...there's a slim chance...
  3. gymkatarules

gymkatarules New Member

Actually, living here in Orlando and all, I have some friends that work at Universal Studios (stick with me here). They were given, as a present of some sort, and for what I don't remember, a CD of park music that's played in various places around various rides. It was very cool. I don't know if Disney's done the same thing for anyone else, and the legalities of such might be sticky with Henson's stuff, but it wouldn't be too much of a shock if such a CD were to exist at some point.

I agree with you. The music there is amazing. The Muppet courtyard and MuppetVision 3D are my favorite parts in all of Disney World. They used to sell a lot more Muppet merchandise in the store nextdoor, but they've slowly stocked less and less of a selection there. Maybe with this new rush of Muppet stuff coming out, that'll change.

Anyway, I love that place so much, that I've gone so far as to videotape the entire pre-show as well as videotape the real show and steal glasses to see if they work on television. *cough cough* They don't. Darn 30 fps video conversion.

Regardless, I know I'm not being much help, but that music, and that whole courtyard and building, rock.

Oh, yeah, wait, and they had an exhibit about a year ago that the AFI was putting on and inside there was actual Kermit and Fozzie puppets positioned inside the actual balloon from The Great Muppet Caper! How cool is that? I have a picture. Maybe I'll scan it.

-Chris
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

i need a beaker labcoat!!!

i so jealous of people who were able to get beaker MV3d labcoats on here:( If anybody can get me one, i have muchos bling bling to pay! hehe Anyways, being my handle is beaker, i just couldnt go to muppetfest 2003 without one!^_^

now then, does muppetvision 3d exists in great quality 2d form on vhs or dvd or vcd somewhere? All i have is a crappy bootleg video of someone inside the show itself.

also, is there clear stills of this show? i mean i heard ken and the gang referenced this? for the playset?
  5. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Cory,

There is a total un 3D copy of Muppet Vision 3D , But i doubt Henson or Disney will ever let it out of the vault.

And ofcourse you wouldnt get the goodness of Bean, Statler, Waldorf or the Ched.

and you wouldnt get to see Sweetums or the Penguins !

There are some Paintings of the show, i have copies of them.

Seey a
  6. FOZZI3B3AR, that's a good idea. I hadn't thought of that idea yet (just kidding).

gymkatarules, I actually got the chance to see that display at the AFI. It was incredible. I don't know why but I was very tempted to try and touch them. Only a velvet rope and a jump stood between me and kermit and fozzie. In the end, common sense prevailed and I too settled for a picture.

Beaker, Disney strips all the identifying marks (i.e. patches and tags) off of their costumes and donates the costumes to good will. The ones that are easily identifiable even without their patches (which is probably what category the muppetvision lab coats falls under) are burned. What a waste. They should at least auction them off for charity or something. Not that a guy like me could afford one anyway.

BlueFrackle, could you tell me about these paintings. What they're of, what they look like, etc.

Thanks for the info everybody.
  7. FER SURE

FER SURE New Member

Muppetvision-

Disney doesn't always give their costumes away at the end of their life. Occasionally they are auctioned off at "property control". This would apply especially to test costumes and overruns. On top of that lots of Disney costumes are stolen. I should know I stole mine. Lots of them are stolen for sentiment a few for profit. I was so close to stealing a Muppet Lab coat but I only worked in the park for overtimes and never at MV3D. I also almost got my hands on BITBBH shirts but alas the mouse was watching me.

Nathan
  8. Very interesting. By the way, what's "property control."
  9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Property Control--a dog wizzing on a post to mark its territory.
  10. gymkatarules

gymkatarules New Member

Next time I'm at MGM Studios (which should be within the next few weeks), I'll be sure to take a whole lot of digital photographs of all the great posters that people always miss unless the line is really long (which it never is). Like The Pigsideon Adventure and such. I've seen some online, but not many. There's so many cool little things in and around the building that no one notices. I'll keep you updated. *salutes*

-Chris
  11. FER SURE

FER SURE New Member

Property control is where all the broken merchandise is sent. It is sold only to cast members for 75% off. Some of what they get is badly damaged at all so you can get a great find. Property control also takes care of all fixtures and vehicles after their useful life is completed. They hold auctions 4 times a year and always have something interesting. Especially after they clean out longtime storage.

Gymkata Don't miss the Ice cream sundae in the planter. I love that gag. There was a time about 5 or 6 years ago when the MV3D line did wrap all the way around the building. I remember being in that line for a good 50 min once.
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Aw Crud!! and I was going to work there and smuggle out a Goofy costume! :rolleyes:

My friend once found a McGruff the Crime dog suit for sale on the web once. It was over 1000 dollars though. But you could have all these add ons like a wagging tail or a run down voice box!

That's all I can do!
  13. FER SURE

FER SURE New Member

Costumes is a term used all-encoumpasing by the Disney company. As you are a "cast member" (employee) And you are "on stage" (at your work location) you should wear a "costume" (uniform). That is Disney logic.

Character costumes of our favorite 2D freinds are guarded with a fair amount of care. They are always burned at the end of their useful life. They are always carefully accounted for and protected from theft. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The only incident of character costume theft I am aware of happend with one of my co-workers. Her then boyfreind had conections with the costumed entertainment dept. He smuggled a Eeyore costume past security and showed up at work wearing it. To say the least Carrie was quite surprised when Eeyore took of his head and proposed to her.
  14. gymkatarules

gymkatarules New Member

Ice cream sundae in the planter. Got it. *takes notes*

-Chris
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Maybe I could pull it off if I wear a REALLY big coat!

Actually, I worked at a cartoon network promotion a few years back. I was so desperate to be one of the extra costumed actors (it's the closest thing to actually being a cartoon character). If I rased my hand quick enough, I could have been Cow (of cow and chicken) after it was al over I put on (then put back) the Dexter head and started talking like him until I was noticed (OOh I am so embarassed). How ever, I smuggeld out a few Ed Edd Nad Eddy and Dexter temporary tatoos. I missed the shirts! Darn!!
  16. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

A site

Here a site with the music and video:

http://198.65.141.39/

Click The Disney MGM Studio and then click New York Street. You should see Muppet Vision on the side. Click it.
  17. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

I know this is an old thread but after going to muppetvision 3D I wondered if anyone had any pictures, or video or audio of it. I could have taken some photos inside, without a flash ofcourse but I was too nervous as they say its not permitted. I guess I was so taken in by all the muppets anyway to think about talking photos.