Muppet Whatnots

What is your favorite Muppet Show spoof?

• Veterinarian's Hospital

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Pigs in Space

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters

Walter

Reaction score
Got my two Muppet what not kits...my daughter and i noticed that in the orange one you have all the parts needed to make Danvers from the Tales of a sixth grade Muppet book.
Yup, did you buy the red hoodie to complete him??

DannyRWW

Reaction score
No.... but I have a red puppet shirt in my puppet closet at work so I pulled it out and put it on him...but I'm kind of hoping I can find a small gonzo shirt somewhere. My daughter dressed the blue one in the princess outfit though.

Alvin

Reaction score
I heard someone say that Toys R Us Whatnots are the same size as the FAO Whatnots...is that true??

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I heard someone say that Toys R Us Whatnots are the same size as the FAO Whatnots...is that true??
They seem about the same size.. a tad smaller maybe... My hand fits better in the toys r us orange one than my fao blue one but that seems to be more due to head shape....I'll have to take a closer look after work...maybe do some side by side shots. I saw some some where else here and they look pretty close. The material seems different though. more smooth but that may be because of the velcro. Either way I think they are pretty awesome. I never would have imagined we would have our own Muppets some day... I know they did one some year ago but I don't think the quality or size was quite as good (However if you want to see one in action do a search for Damien Fuzzyface on Youtube. My brother found one of these older Muppets at a yard sale and did some videos with it. Much smaller than the Fao Muppets)

Walter

Reaction score
Thanks for all the reports danny! I really don't know wether or not I want an FAO or TRU whatnot..but thanks to your posts, the TRU whatnots don't seem that bad! while I do like the blue muppet body, I'm not great at female voices(they really should have done half and half) But like you said the orange kit can build Danvers..so Im still undecided..

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Well I bought both of them and it really is only $40 more than what it would cost to get them at FAO. And asa bonus both Toys R US and FAO have free shipping on a purchase that big. That being said I'd rather get the two puppets and buy clothes at good will (24 months or 2T seems to work okay. I'm tempted to glue the parts on for my daughters, but at any rate I moved all the extra wigs over to the case for my orange one. Their are some nice parts in both and really can't keep him looking the same way for too long. The hair seems to be a problem too. I need to put velcro on the wigs so they stay on. I do like having him look like Danvers though.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I'm tired of Blue Puppets by the way. I've been using my puppet you se in my picture for almost ten years. My first what not was blue as well. It seems like anytime one of my puppet team goes out and gets a puppet they want a blue one too. Orange was a nice change of pace... though I don't see my self performing too much with this one. More to play with my daughter and to help teach her some puppetry skills. They do look decent on stage though.

Walter

Reaction score
I'm tired of Blue Puppets by the way. I've been using my puppet you se in my picture for almost ten years. My first what not was blue as well. It seems like anytime one of my puppet team goes out and gets a puppet they want a blue one too. Orange was a nice change of pace... though I don't see my self performing too much with this one. More to play with my daughter and to help teach her some puppetry skills. They do look decent on stage though.
Yeah, it was not so much the blue color but the shape that I liked about the blue whatnot... It looks like walter's head shape.. And the only reason I was considering FAO's over TRU is because I liked the fleece they are made of. And if I got one from TRU, chances are I would also glue the pieces on(your right, it is cool to have an accurate Danvers puppet!!)

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I do like the material from the FAO puppet better... I guess on a plus side the Toys R us ones won't Pill as much. Well here they are side by side. The one on the left is FAO and the one on the right is Toys R US. The Toys Rus one seems to have a wider mout but its more how it was constructed than a difference in size. The Toys r us one is a little more comfortable on my hand but that is more of a stuffing issue.