1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Wiki Trouble

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by Gonzo14, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

2. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Hmmm, looks fine to me. However, last night it loaded slowly and the search feature along with everything else on the left side of the page didn't load at all at first, then I refreshed the page and it appeared shortly thereafter. No problems for me today though. :confused:
  3. BradFraggle

BradFraggle Member

Everything should be fine.
  4. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

It's Back to normal now so you don't have to Worry.
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Anybody Else Having Problems with Muppet Wiki?

Is anyone else besides me having problems with Muppet Wiki as of late?

The Wiki has gotten SO slow lately, to the point that I can't get anything done - whether I'm searching for an article, trying to read an article, or even contribute/edit, it just keeps lagging.

The culprit seems to be the ads - whenever the wiki freezes or gets bogged down, the status bar on the window will saying it's currently opening/downloading an ad on the current page; even after everything is loaded, sometimes, it'll freeze again to refresh an ad on the page.

Please tell me I'm not the only one with this problem.
  6. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

Yes, I've had problems on it too. It never seems to work whenever I try to search for an article.
  7. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Yep- I've run into some of the same issues.:confused::eek::attitude:
  8. D'Snowth

Ironically, it seems to me that a lot of Wiki-esque sites have similar problems like this... this would happen occasionally with mine and MrsPepper's T*K*O Wiki, but nowhere near as bad as what's been happening with the Muppet Wiki.

Come to think of it, I can't even remember the last time I even visited the Muppet Central Dictionary Wiki...
  9. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

You're not the only one with this problem.
  10. D'Snowth

Thank you, wisedonkey. :p
  11. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I actually just went to try and look at something and my computer froze while waiting for the Wiki to load. So definitely not just you Snowthy!
  12. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Has anyone else been having trouble with Muppet Wiki?

Every time I get on I manage to make it through about three or four pages and then it locks up on me. :mad:

Has this been happening to anyone else or is it just my computer?
  13. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

My Norton scan turns on when I've been in Muppet Wiki a long time. My computer hasn't frozen up from the site. Try clearing your computer's cache & running adware/virus scans, that may help you.
  14. PurpleHonker

PurpleHonker New Member

That happens to me as well. I took JaniceFerSure's advice, and it has improved. It still runs more slowly than most other sites, but it hasn't locked up again. I'm not sure why it's like that :confused:
  15. D'Snowth

A new problem has arisen at the Wiki...

Any page that has a textured green background will not load - you only get as far as the menu at the top of the page (Wikia Entertainment, Login, Create Account, etc) and that's it... that's all that loads.

And no, refreshing hasn't helped.
  16. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

What's your browser version and operating system?
  17. D'Snowth

*Blink*

Never mind, I figured it out.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  18. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi... So whenever I go to Muppet Wiki—or any other Wiki for that matter—the article or search gets preempted because the Wiki of choice has just loaded its advertisements and I have to cycle back to the top of the page to read what I wanted.
    Has this happened to others?
    How can I stop/block this from continually happening?
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I've had a slightly similar problem, and I wonder if it's actually advertisement related.

You see, every so often, when I'm on a single article, my history backlog is full of the same page, even though I was only on there once, leaving me to hit the back button multiple times to go back a single page.
  20. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

The same thing is happening to me!