Muppet Wiki

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Alright, here it is the craziest Muppet project yet - Muppet Wiki, an online database of information about Jim Henson and the Muppets. Danny Horn, webmaster of ToughPigs.com, has launched the Muppet Wiki and it is an amazing project. It's an offshoot of Wikipedia, and it works the same way -- Muppet Wiki is a collaborative project to create an encyclopedia for everything related to Jim Henson and the Muppets. The Wiki format allows anyone to create, edit, or add to an article, so we can all work together to create a comprehensive database of Muppet information.

Muppet Wiki's only been active for a short time, and for the past 4-days I’ve been hopelessly addicted – adding all kinds of information from chronicling Muppet commercials and talk show spots, to adding episode guides for "Muppets Tonight" and details on an obscure jug-band member. It's a really fun and informative project. Plus, it's the kind that will get better when more people are involved. Together we can all come together and create the best database of Muppet knowledge. So check out the new Muppet Wiki, and have fun!

Source: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/

Beauregard

Reaction score
Count me in! I'll head over there tomorrow, and start shoving my oar in!

EDIT: Ok, so, I added a Beauregard page. Will try to add in more pictures and content on that tomorrow. Also, i have put a load of quotes on the VMC page.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Moi has just added a very detailed description into Uncle Deadly's section. I will be adding more.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I think it is great so far, but I do not see any Uncle Deadly info. How long do articles take to get on to the site? Also, what do I have to do to get something submitted?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
My Uncle Deadly info seems to have dissapeared...I don't know what's going on...I think I'll e-mail Danny Horn.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sometimes what one person adds will be taken off by another, though I see no reason for them to remove Uncle Deadly info...

I had this idea, all changes made by MCers should be documented (and linked) here so we can go check the articles without searching for new stuff all the time.

EDIT: Looks liek Uncle Deadly dissapeared completely...

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Prawncraker, the Uncle Deadly page is still there and listed, looking at the history you accidently removed the category tag that tells the database to list the page under Muppet characters so it was there, just not listed anywhere. I re-added the code and it is listed with all your additions.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well done Slueth man!

So, anyway, I've spent all afternoon at the place and have added a whole bunch of quotes here and there, updated the Beau page...had some nice chats with the ever patient Danny...stuff like that.

I love this project!