Muppet X-mas listed on IMDB....

matleo

Reaction score
with some odd and interesteing casting news. OK, I know IMDb isn't always the most reliable source on something like this, but I couldn't help but post this.
For starters, Bill Baretta is listed as not only Pepe but Rowlf, Dr. Teeth and Chef. So we may be seeing a resurrgence of Jim's characters. Frank is listed for the Pig, Fozzie, Animal and Sam, although I would have thought we'd start to see Eric taking over some of Frank's roles. Dave is listed with his usual group of guys, Gonzo, Bunsen, and Waldorf.
Ok here's where it gets odd. Steve Whitmire is listed for Rizzo, Bean, Beaeker and...... Captain Abraham Smollett???? So has IMDB forgotten that Kermit has a real name? that Smollett was just a charcter he played once?
And of course it lists all the cameos we know about....Joan Cusack, John Stewart, Kelly Ripa, Snopp, Micheal Caine, Bill Macy, Whoopi, Carson Daly (hey Carson, how about playin that Weezer video?) and David Arquette (because he was so great in Muppet From Space).
No mention of Jerry Nelson or Brian Henson. but IMDB is infamous for forgetting cast members. They may just not have been supplied with a full cast list. Any of our informants out there know about these two?

--Matt

Luke

Reaction score
There's already a thread about this somewhere round here - i'm not sure about Jerry Nelson being involved, but Brian is exec-producing though maybe could have done some puppeteering. Frank was definitely NOT involved with this movie, Eric is playing his characters, and as for Captain Smollet well that just shows how accurate IMDB is !

gymkatarules

Reaction score
You can submit updated information to them anytime, which I suggest. They'll correct it within a couple of weeks.

-Chris

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Or maybe Captain Smollett is in it (forget the fact that all the press releases mentioned Kermit).

I mean, isn't that the *true* meaning of Christmas? Pirates...

Arrrrrrrrrrr! Merry Christmas, matey!

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah you guys wanted fresh and innovative - maybe they are gonna do the whole christmas movie talking like pirates ! How more edgy can ya get eh ? :big_grin:

MuppetVison

Reaction score
Is it true?

DR. TEETH IS BACK!

So is all of that basically true?

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
I mean, isn't that the *true* meaning of Christmas? Pirates...

Arrrrrrrrrrr! Merry Christmas, matey!
Personally, ninjas were always better at puting me in the holiday spirit.

The Big Don

Reaction score
LOL. Christmas Story with pirates. :smile:

I cant wait for this. I certainly will tape this and watch it 25 times. In one day.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
3rd Mate opens gift

"Awwww, I do be needin' me a new peg-leg kozy, matey. And ya knitted it in pink, me own fav'rite kolorrrrrrr!"