MuppetCast board, a good idea?

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hi all,

Over the past year, The MuppetCast has found a warm and happy home here on the forums. I honestly don't think the show would be as successful, and have such a fan following, without the support of the people at Muppet Central.

As I look over all the posts and conversations we've had about the podcast here in the "On the Web" board, I've noticed something. Conversations that concern topics other than the week's specific episode get limited and, sometimes, confusing when they're lumped in with an episode-specific thread. This presents a question that I'd like all of you to answer:

Would you be interested in seeing The MuppetCast exist in its own bulletin board, in the "Fans" section of the Muppet Central Forums?

If so, that would mean that our conversations about the podcast could become more broad (meaning "wide-ranging", not in the Johnny Fiama sense). We would still have plenty of room for episode-specific discussions, but we could also stretch out and have more general discussion about the podcast.

If you'd rather that the MuppetCast posts stay here in the "On the Web" board, that's fine too. Let me hear your opinions too! I'd like to hear both sides of this idea, gauge listener support, and then possibly present the results to Phillip.

Either way, let me know what you think. Thanks!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I'm kind of confused. Isn't that what we have already with the original Muppetcast thread at the top of the forum.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Not quite. What I'm asking about is, would you like to see an entirely new bulletin board section full of threads (aka discussions) specifically devoted to The MuppetCast? In contrast, the board we're in right now ("On the Web"), talks about all Muppet things happening on the web.

dmoss

Reaction score
Well, you have to ask yourself if it would merrit it's own board. Is there enough to discuss only MuppetCast.com? Perhaps it would include other Muppet information, in which case, none of us would really need another board, since we have this one.

I mean, those are just some things to consider. :smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. The Muppetcast is great, no question, but I don't know if there's enough to discuss to need a new board. We have the episode-specific discussions here, and what I meant before, which is the sticky thread on top where you first introduced the show. Sure, it doesn't get used so much now that we have these individual threads, but it is still posted in occasionally. It can, and basically does, function as a sort of general show discussion.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Hey Steve,

I think it'd be nice to have a special section for the MuppetCast, so people don't have to wade through the On The Web message board, which is getting a bit cluttered imho.

BJ

Luke

Reaction score
I think it'd be a nice idea, and it'd also be nice to see there be some kind of banner for it on the Muppet Central home page so that more people became aware of it.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I do like the idea of having a special banner for The MuppetCast on the Muppet Central main page. Hmm, maybe I'll look into that...:smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I think it would be cool if we had an entire Muppetcast section on Muppet Central. That depends if you and Phil want to be affiliated of course. But since this already is sort of your spiritual home on the web and you mention it a fair amount on the cast, I think having it here would be cool.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I think it would be cool if we had an entire Muppetcast section on Muppet Central. That depends if you and Phil want to be affiliated of course. But since this already is sort of your spiritual home on the web and you mention it a fair amount on the cast, I think having it here would be cool.
I totally agree with what MrsPepper's saying! Steve, you talk about MC enough on the show--you even HOSTED the awards! I think you at least deserve your own little section.

And a banner is a MUST. Even if you don't get a section of the forum, a banner on the homepage NEEDS to happen.