1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

MuppetCast care package

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by stephenjlizard, May 27, 2008.

1. Hi all,

As you may have heard recently on the podcasts, one of our listeners is a Sergent in the US Army and is stationed in South Korea. He has expressed to me that some of the other soldiers in his unit are Muppet and Disney fans, and I thought perhaps we can help them out.

I'd like to put together a care package to send over to them from The MuppetCast (all of us!). Some of you have already contacted me about this, and I'd ask you to reiterate your ideas here on this thread. What all can we send them?

Thanks for helping me with this!
  2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Great! I think we need to fist get a list of things they may like to see and work from there. I'm willing to donate my Sesame Street Old School vol 2 and my Dark Cristal and Laberath DVD's I want to help all that I can so let me know.
  3. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Sounds like a good idea Dwayne. I think we should get a list of what they would enjoy or whatever sounds good. I'll try and get something when i get paid this friday and send it to you Steve. But lets get a list of what we might be able to send.
  4. By "let's get a list", do you mean you'd like me to ask them what kinds of things they'd like? I can certainly do that. I was also hoping that this thread would serve as a list. Dwayne's post from above is a perfect example of some items that'll go "on the list", and Dwayne you're incredibly generous, thanks man!
  5. dwayne1115

Well Thanks I just want this to be really good I think that we sould throw in there the Muppetcast on CD if we can!
  6. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Another good idea. You are generous man. I see what your talking about Steve. I think i might send them or buy some stuff to to send. And by send do we need to send to you i guess? Is that what you wants us to do?

I'm going to send you a CD that i've made over and over with several Sesame/Muppets/Fraggle songs. I have two CDs that i've made of Season one of the Muppet Show songs. I also thought of some Fraggle Rock DVDs either i'll buy or just make from old VHS. I have vols. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 11 of the HBO VHS. I might just make some of them into some DVDs for him too.
  7. dwayne1115

Well when it is something like this, and I can help people I want to really do all I can. It makes me feel a little better about me not being able to serve. Steve it must make you feel really good to be starting something like this. Giving something back man it makes me very exited to be a part of this!
  8. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Same here Steve. :D
  9. dwayne1115

Would'nt it be out of this world to get some people who work with the Muppets/Henson help with this!
  10. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Like maybe some autographed photos with messages of support to them?
  11. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

What a wonderful idea, Steve! I know I get a little busy at times and find myself catching up quite a bit with both the Muppetcast and the forums here lately, but this is something I would really like to help out with if I can. I work part-time down at Disneyland Resort here in California, so I could probably get my hands on some merchandise (hats, t-shirts, plushies, etc) to donate. Let me know and I'll do my best. I could mail it to Steve and then you can take it from there.
  12. dwayne1115

Wow Bear that would be GREAT!
  13. That would be great, thanks Bear! I think the best plan would be to mail the stuff to me, and I'll pack it all together and send it overseas (hopefully shipping isn't too expensive).
  14. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I could pitch in and make a tape of stuff that isn't out on video or DVD (a JHH episode or two, rarer stuff, etc.) and maybe a CD or two if time allows.
  15. dwayne1115

This is getting big! Steve let me know how much shiping is and I will help with the cost.
  16. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Yeah. It wouldn't be free, but I get a handsome discount on stuff. Maybe some Muppet/Disney pins would be good since they are small and wouldn't add too much to the shipping cost. At any rate, let me know what the deadline is and I'll see what I can do.
  17. I'd like to have something put together and ready to send from my house at the end of June. The pins sound like a good idea, how do you get a "substantial discount"? PM me!
  18. dwayne1115

End of June sounds good, do you have a list of what they would like there!
  19. muppetperson

I would say it would be Staff discount for working there, like a lot of Companies offer their staff.
  20. muppetperson

Shipping to Australia is expensive so I would say that Korea would be to.I had a friend who was stationed in a Military Base and his Parents used to send him stuff and it was either free or discounted postage because it was going to a military base.I wonder if the American Government/Postal service might have a simular scheme?