1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

MuppetCentral becoming a partner with Palisades!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Lorde Pompeo, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Lorde Pompeo

Lorde Pompeo New Member

I was thinking...

Since Christmas is almost here and people will start being good to eachother and all I had an idea...

To show that the heads behind Palisades have a nice heart too, why doesn't Palisades offer some figures, playsets and exclusives to MuppetCentral and then MuppetCentral could create a contest (Drawing Contest or Best Phrase or something) to people that live in countries where the Figures are not going to be released like... Spain... Angola... Portugal perhaps... And the prizes would be the Playsets, the Figures and the Exclusives to the ten best whatevers... Hein? Nice idea...

It would be a nice gesture from Palisades AND MuppetCentral...

What do you think? Shouldn't something like this be done right away?

Thank you!
  2. Lorde Pompeo

Lorde Pompeo New Member

Shame on you!

You awfull people... How can you not support such a noble cause?

You cold hearted monsters... Go... Go... Go put the lime in the coconut!

And don't call me in the morning!
  3. Luke

Luke Active Member

Of course it would have nothing to do with you being one of the people in those far away countries would it ? LOL !!!!

There has been some kind of contest on the forum to win something before, and Smig also won figures for suggesting the door scooter was originally going to come with.
  4. Lorde Pompeo

Lorde Pompeo New Member

How can you say such a thing??? I'm shocked!

I wasn't thinking about myself... I was thinking about all the Muppet fans from my country...

That means that if I make a sugestion I can win Figures? That's so cool! For each sugestion that Ken apreciates I win a Figure! How about that?

1 - Robin should come with Sweetums in the Backstage Playset.

2 - The Kitchen Playset should come with three or four regular rats that we could put inside the round thing which you fill with water to boil (I don't know the name).

3 - Gonzo with a purple suit should come with a trumpet and a rubber tire.

4 - Janice should come with a little Rockin' Robin Bird and that circular instrument with little bells that we pat to make "tching tching" (I don't know the name).

5 - The Newsman should come with a sheep and a Venus Statue.

6 - In the series concerning Veteranarian's Hospital, a Gorila should come out as a Figure with coconuts and a palm tree or a Teleport Machine to add to the Muppet Labs Playset (then we could have an Exclusive Chinese Gorila Dancing Ballet) so that there could be a pacient to put on the Veteranarian's Hospital Metal Bed... Also this way Beaker won't be alone anymore...

7 - Beauregard should come with a little fridge so that we could put the Rats that came with the Kitchen Playset inside it.

8 - Scooter as a Guy Who Sells Stuff with Organic Popcorn and little table could come out as an exclusive.

9 - Nurse Piggy should come with Foo Foo (what do we need a Veteranarian's Hospital if we have no aditional animals?).

10 - Since Fozzie needs a little hammer to smack Kermit on the neck, let it come as a prop with the Backstage Playset.

So Luke, do you think Ken will like any of these? I have more but I will post them later... Anyway... I still like the contest idea...
  5. It's a tamborine. :)

(or "tambourine")
  6. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

It's not a you-win-if-Ken-uses-your-idea thing. It's more of a you-win-if-you-can-guess-what-Ken-has-planed-but-hasn't-told-us-yet thing. Even I don't know what the heck I just said.
  7. Lorde Pompeo

Lorde Pompeo New Member

In Portuguese it is called "pandeireta" (pan-day-re-ta)...

We have a fish called "Tamboril" however, which is used to make a specialty called "Arroz de Tamboril" (Tamboril's Rice) which is marvellous!

You didn't give your opinion on my sugestions JaMoMan... :(

11 - Lew Zealand should come with a Tamboril in honour of Portuguese Fans.

I have a doubt - the food coming out with the Kitchen Playset is Muppet Food or regular food?
  8. Lorde Pompeo

Lorde Pompeo New Member

Oh... Now you tell me...

Since I joined MuppetCentral I have felt great happiness followed by great sadness several times... This is killing my nerves...

I had stoped consuming chocolate but thanks to this diabolic forum I am an adict again... And my sister was born last sunday so I'm getting that post-deliever depression thing...

Must... Fight... Depression... Givemechocolate... Titwillow... Givememuppets...
  9. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Your forein ways confuse me. I have enough trouble trying to understand my own people some of the time.
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Lorde Pompeo

It has been repprted Robin and Sweetums are already slated together in the theater set. The kitchen set is already stocked so nothing more can really be added. They went a tad bit past their budget it seems. Check it out on their site if you haven't seen it yet! It is coming with Lobster Bandits! Beauregard is likely coming with his mop and bucket but a fridge sounds cool too. Okay bad joke. :) Fridge...cool...get it?
  11. Luke

Luke Active Member

You've got post delivery depression because your SISTER was born last Saturday ? Wow - must have been some birth ! ;-)

Some nice ideas there. From what i gather, Ken rewards ideas that actually get used (or very close to used) in the final product but it's at his discretion so not something to be automatically expected. I think the idea of some kind of christmas competition is cool but it would have to be open to everyone and it wouldn't suprise me if something like this happened either here or via the Palisades website when it gets to that time. I think they are also setting up a specific email address for people to send ideas and suggestions to so that they don't have to search all over the forum and can just go through them at their own end.
  12. Lorde Pompeo

Lorde Pompeo New Member

I'm not REALLY expecting to recieve Figures just because I'm doing what I think is an obligation that I have as a Muppet Fan! I have the duty to help the Muppets in any way I can without expecting to be rewarded! The simple fact that I have the honour to be a Muppet Fan is enough!

However, if there is going to be a contest then I MUST win it, because there is no other way for me to have the Figures except for the good hearts of some people (Uncleduke!) and some stuff like contests...

Feel my pain... and stay out of my way! :D

Anyway... Ken! Please! Tell me if you like my ideas... It will be good to cure my depression... :p

Thank you!
  13. Luke

Luke Active Member

Unfortunately (or fortunately for the person in question) our good friend Kenneth has gone off on a dirty weekend to San Diego to meet brazenly loose woman and drink copious amounts of beer - he'll be back once his desire has been quenched, or Tuesday, whichevers earliest ! ;-)
  14. radionate

radionate New Member

Uh, Luke.....wasn't that your weekend? Oh wait.....it was......IN YOUR DREAMS!!!!!! LOL!
  15. Lorde Pompeo

Lorde Pompeo New Member

What are the other rats suppose to come with then? Backstage Playset? I'm glad you liked the Fridge idea... I hope that Ken likes it too (aswell as the other 9 ideas I posted)...

KEN! Tell me what you think! GIVE A MEANING TO MY MISERABLE LIFE!

Thank you...
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The other rats could come with kitchen supplies - not just a fridge. We know that they know their way around the kitchen from The Muppets Take Manhattan! ;)
  17. grail

grail New Member

man, have you ever considered medication? or maybe a girlfriend/boyfriend (hey, to each their own)? because you're just a bit high-strung...
  18. Lorde Pompeo

Lorde Pompeo New Member

What does high-strung mean?

I hope you're not saying that I plant cannabis on my backyard!
  19. grail

grail New Member

well, no...but the fact that you leapt to that conclusion is interesting
  20. Lorde Pompeo

Lorde Pompeo New Member

Yeah! Yeah!

You must all think it is cute to make fun of the stupid foreigner!

You will see... Just wait and you will see...

When you start to see pidgeons, remember me... and RUN! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN BECAUSE MY PIDGEONS ARE NOT NICE ANIMALS! Ah!

(Of course I'm evil... I'm a "Lorde"! I have to be evil...)

Tune in next week when you will hear Grail say:

"Doctor... I see pidgeons everywhere! Take them away from me! THEY ARE ALL OVER ME! ARGH! ARGH! Why did I have to tell the world that the Lorde of the Pidgeons plants cannabis in his backyard? I sure am glad that I didn't mention the hidden bottles of Vodka and the flag of the Comunist Party..."