Muppeteer Eye Colors

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.

I'm working on an art project that features a lot of people, including Muppeteers! You can read more about it at this link:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=14779

My question is, does anyone know the eye colors for the following Muppeteers?:

Jim Henson
Frank Oz
Jerry Nelson
Dave Goelz
Richard Hunt

I think Jim's eyes were blue...but I'm not positive about that. And usually in photos, these guys's heads are tilted down, looking at monitors as they puppeteer, so their eyes are in shadow.

I know that some real-live Muppeteers sometimes post here (like Terry Angus and Karen Prell). They'd know what eye colors to use. Anyone's help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Convincing John

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Emmy's got color pictures of Richard up at her site (contributed by Martin Robinson). It looks to me like his eyes are brown.

-Kim

Convincing John

Reaction score
I think they're brown, too. I'll check a few more photos just to make sure, though. Thanks for the reference to the Richard Hunt page!:wink:

Convincing John

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I think they all have brown eyes,from looking at their pics in Jim Henson's book The Works. Not 100% sure,but pics look that way to me.:smirk:

zeldazipple

Reaction score
I always thought Jim Henson's eyes were grey or blue. They always looked grey to me. :smile: