MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tera

Reaction score
Hi!
Sorry if this is the wrong board, or if this has been discussed to death, but this is my first post.
With that disclaimer made, does anyone know what plans there are for another MuppetFest? I still can't stop thinking about how much fun the first one was!

Thanks,
Tera

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
No word... yet. Hopefully we'll hear something positive soon. The last one was great!

Maybe we need to start lobbying Henson and Creation? Send a few emails, something like that? I know there were problems last time and the time and location change probably cut into profits-- but that was a very unusual circumstance and I'm sure even more people would attend the next MuppetFest.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Hi Tera,

Yeah, MuppetFest really was just the coolest weekend wasn't it? I must think about a MuppetFest 2 at least once a week. The thought that keeps giving me hope is that at the end of the final panel, everyone said to the audience, "See you next year!"; remember?

I'm hoping it's in New York this year for a change of locale, but I'm going wherever it is. I hope they do another Muppet Show Live, too. I'd gladly go hoarse for another couple days to show my support of those guys and just how well-done that show was: script, directing, stars, mood, etc. I'd have to say that given some of the more recent Henson productions that have just not lived up to the hey-day (Jack and the Beanstalk, Muppets From Space), The Muppet Show Live was they best thing they've done in a decade.

I agree that we should start poking Henson and Creation about what their pans are for this year.

Luke

Reaction score
I think they'll probably go for Summer 2003 - makes sense. There isn't enough time now to do it this Summer. Could be christmas again but i thought that all the Henson people wanted it to be a Summer thing originally.

I think this is the best policy because this Summer you've got all the Sci-Fi conventions happening for the Star Wars and other Sci-Fi releases. Also then you'd have the next convention while the Muppet series was on Fox so tons of extra publicity there - it would be HUGE !

It'd be cool if they started planning for a Muppetfest 2003 NOW rather than just rush it again (although obviously the date confusion wasn't their fault) - even more REALLY special stuff to top the last one. I'm definitely in !

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
I vote Florida for this year's location. I'd like somewhere nice & sunny. Plus, NY scares me. Even before 9/11 it scared me- now it just scares me a little more. Sad but true.

I didn't get the chance to go to the first one, but I'm going to make every effort to go to the second one, no matter WHERE they decide to have it!!

Tera

Reaction score
MuppetFest location & lobbying

I'd love either NY or FL for the next one.
I can take a train to NY and I live in FL. Oh, if it was on FL I'd save plane fare and be able to spend ALL that $ on Muppet Merchandise! OOHHHH!
(Not that I need any more stuff yet; I still haven't finished framing my stuff from last year. But I do open the box and look at my eyeball every week.)
I think lobbying Henson and Creation for news is a great plan. I'll send out an email soon. Anyone else going to send them?
Tera

Tera

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Realistically speaking, I think it is likely to stay in LA or NYC. Simply because there are celebs to draw from for chairty tie-in events and in LA you have the Henson lot with all those employees and resources and in NY you have Sesame Workshop and so forth. Just seems like it would be easier on Henson to stick with those locations.

Of course we'd all love for MuppetFest II to be held near us, but really, all that matters is that they have a MuppetFest II.

I'm gunna send emails tomorrow to both Henson and Creation telling them how much I enjoyed the first one and begging for a second.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
Of course we'd all love for MuppetFest II to be held near us, but really, all that matters is that they have a MuppetFest II.
Well said! Here, here! Heck, I'll go if it's in Pachalafaka :stick_out_tongue:
I'm gunna send emails tomorrow to both Henson and Creation telling them how much I enjoyed the first one and begging for a second.
Yes, that's the spirit! Everyone should be doing this! Make it known to them that we're ready to dip deep into our wallets again!

beaker

Reaction score
Im going to have to go with my original gut feeling...
Muppetfest 2002, NYC Fall of this year(whether that be Sept, Oct, Nov, or Dec Im not sure)

While LA would be more feasable for me, for a change of pace and for all the east coast/midwestern, and european/elsewhere fans I'd love to see it in NY.

///beaker///

hopefully we'll hear by july!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Creation Contact

When I went to email Creation, I couldn't find a good address. All the email addresses listed on their site were really specific (tickets, fan club kids, order status). So I'm going with an actual letter. It takes more effort, but it also shows more committment. So, if someone comes upon an appropriate email addy, please post it. In the mean time, here's the address and phone and fax in case any LA locals want to really bug them:

Creation Entertainment
1010 N. Central Ave. 4th Floor
Glendale, CA 91202

Phone: (818) 409-0960
Fax: (818) 409-0827

Same with Henson-- can't find email addresses on the new site (not that I tried very hard)

Jim Henson Company
1416 North La Brea Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90028

Jim Henson Company
117 East 69th Street
New York, NY 10021

If we all send an occasional letter now and then start sending them more frequently down the line.....

Status
Not open for further replies.