MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Hey, they could hold it at Walt Disney World like the Disnyana Covention :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Well they could hold it at the Henson studios like was originally planned long ago but i guess either it isnt licensed for public performances or they are too busy not using it and renting it out to pop groups. It would be a good solution though ..... at least for time being while they actually have studios.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's just sad that Henson's afraid of Blowing their noses until this deal is done. Personally, If it were in the Fall or winter, I couldn't get their by then. Too bad Summer's out of the Question...

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
It's just sad that Henson's afraid of Blowing their noses until this deal is done.
Thats not the case - they'd love to do it. It's just renewing the deal with Creation and planning/funding a public event like that would need to be ok'd by the parent company and they aren't likely to do that. Right now Henson are up for sale so the parent has no interest in funding projects which are more about good promotion rather than good financial returns. Once a new owner is on board they'll have more of an interest in the longterm goals of the company and may put on another event like this. EMTV are closing down, selling off, getting rid off and underfunding so many internal aspects at Henson right now i think an event for the fans that won't exactly hit the jackpot financially is the least of their worries.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe I should have said, "Henson cannot AFFORD to blow their noses until the deal is settled!"

Just kiddin'. It seems like a lot of stuff has been postponed, i.e. the New Fox show, a Farscape animated series, and whatnot, because of this sale, and there may be trouble here and there.

Natalie

Reaction score
By the way, about how many people were actually at MuppetFest.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's a "never" proposition...but I'm sure that everyone's right in thinking that it has to do with the sale. Henson isn't announcing ANY new projects for certain until they know who the heck wants them. Why make further plans on a second MuppetFest, the new Fox series, or more TV-movies if they get bought by, for instance, Mr. Valentine, who promptly scraps all of that in favor of his direct-to-video ideas?

Once things settle down (IF they ever settle down) and the Henson Company has a clear timetable, then they can start planning when to fit events like MuppetFest into their schedule. The filming of new product obviously must take precedent -- can't say I blame them for that.

BTW, I can never afford to blow my nose anymore. Some weird California "Kleenex tax..." :stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've emailed JHC about it.

Let's see what they say.

I was looking forward to a spring 2003 New York deal m'self.

The email said:
"When do we foresee the liklihood possibility of the next MuppetFest, and if there is no plans for MFest under the direction of JHC and Creation, what would the possibility be of JHC working with a few fans to create a fan-run convention?

Thanks,
Kev
Fozzie Bear at MuppetCentral.com"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
From the mouths of babes:

"Dear ,

Thanks for your input. This is something that we are currently evaluating.

Happy Holidays! . . . The Jim Henson Company"

Looks like they're thinking about it, but they sent me a friggin' FORM email!! :mad:

I'M FOZZIE FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD!!
I deserve an original response...
:frown:
dont i :confused:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Dear [insert name of poster here],

Of course you deserve an original response. We are currently evaluating that idea.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,
The Form Letter Company

:big_grin: :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.