MuppetFest: Discuss Original and Your Dreams

zns

Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of people have talked about another Muppetfest being in the works, however, because of Disney owning the Muppets, people have said it may not be possible ever again:frown: . I would really like there to be another on. I missed the first one and I could just kick myself:grouchy: . I hope that someday, we can all get together again to meet the people we love, especially the Muppets.:smile:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
This thread pops up regularly. There are no new answers.

Yes, there was talk of another Muppetfest. Yes, that was a while ago. Yes, Disney owning the Muppets changes everything. Some of the Henson folk seemed to enjoy Muppetfest and showed interest in another. It isn't up to them, now. Will Disney decide to hold a Muppet fan convention? Maybe. Maybe not. No way for us to know.

If Disney does decide to hold a Muppet convention, you can be sure it will be announced and well publicized here.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There were possibilities of a MuppetFest in 2003, but those plans fell through after company changes at both Creation and JHC. Now, of course, it will all be up to Disney's MHC. There for a little while, I hoped JHC would do it again while they were still in good cahoots with SW (then CTW) but after the sale to Diz, I doubt there'll be a possibility of a cross-over!

There were about 45 threads with the same question and only about 2 posts on each topic!

I think for the sake of saving confusion, though, I'll merge and lock all those other threads and keep this one open for the discussion of the one and only MuppetFest and discussions of future possibilities.

There are 3 different possibilities here: 1) Corporate run convention by Disney/MHC, 2) Fan Run Convention (but it would require folks from MHC/JHC/SW to be successful), 3) Muppet Central Fest where everyone just gets together and goofs off all weekend.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Good ideas Foz, but I doubt Number 3 would work considering our wide fan base in so many different countries. I mean, what would an MC Fest be without Beauregard, DanDanStrawberry, Vibs, etc.?

And I doubt that MHC would have a merger con with JHC and SW. But as said at Palisades, "Anything is Possible!"

zns

Reaction score
We just gotta keep believing is all.:wink:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think - and this is just pure speculation - that the best we can hope for would be some kind of event at the Disney theme parks similar to the Star Wars Weekends. That would seem to be the most likely thing to do, but who knows?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Good ideas Foz, but I doubt Number 3 would work considering our wide fan base in so many different countries. I mean, what would an MC Fest be without Beauregard, DanDanStrawberry, Vibs, etc.?
Yeah. To get some of the people you mentioned, prawnie, and others on top of that, you and me included, we'd have to wait a few years until most of us are out of school and somewhat financially independant, since quite a few of the regular posters are students.
Also, location would be impossible, if it were just us goofing off for the weekend. Though I do think that would be the most plausible choice. I still wanna do it!! :halo: Even if I can't go, some people should plan it.

muppetperson

Reaction score
MuppetQuilter said:
This thread pops up regularly. There are no new answers.

Yes, there was talk of another Muppetfest. Yes, that was a while ago. Yes, Disney owning the Muppets changes everything. Some of the Henson folk seemed to enjoy Muppetfest and showed interest in another. It isn't up to them, now. Will Disney decide to hold a Muppet fan convention? Maybe. Maybe not. No way for us to know.

If Disney does decide to hold a Muppet convention, you can be sure it will be announced and well publicized here.
It is interesting when you say some of the Henson folk enjoyed Muppetfest and showed interest in another.But when you think about it,there was never a fan convention of that magnitude under Henson ownership.Although it was the Jim Henson Company at the time,it was being managed by EMtv in Germany.As for another Muppetfest,I hope Disney will put more effort into it than what they did at the Disneyanna convention to re lauch The Muppets.I beleive there was only 2 Muppets there.:sympathy:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Perhaps Muppetfest would haqppen easier if it were instead a Hensonfest. It'd be real tongue-in-cheek as far as "not mentioning" the Muppets or SS, but I'm sure there'd be a way around it. Wink wink. :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, for a HensonFest I would prefer a FRAGGLEFEST! LOL!! Seriously, though, there could be a HensonFest for all the Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and Fraggle Fans!