MuppetFest: Discuss Original and Your Dreams

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I would be shocked if Sesame Workshop wasn't willing to work with the Henson folk if they wanted to do a Hensonfest. There wasn't a lot of Sesame at Muppetfest, but Elmo was there. The trick (beyond convincing someone with the power to make it happen and finding a way to make it profitable) would be getting MHC to work with the others. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah. The sad thing is that there won't be any more cross-overs in the movies or TV specials. I always loved when SS showed up with The Muppets.

theprawncracker said:
Good ideas Foz, but I doubt Number 3 would work considering our wide fan base in so many different countries. I mean, what would an MC Fest be without Beauregard, DanDanStrawberry, Vibs, etc.?

And I doubt that MHC would have a merger con with JHC and SW. But as said at Palisades, "Anything is Possible!"
They'd all have to just find a way down...but, it wouldn't be worth anybody's time (even if they're close) to make a fan based trip without someone from MHC/JHC/SW and some characters "on hand."

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Well MC and TP are the biggest fan sites around, so I'm sure there'd be some kind of sponsorship as well maybe?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
For me, I'd love to have all the folks from MC and TP together. I'd be like the trash-heap bringing the Fraggles and the Gorgs together! LOL!! Only kidding of course, but I have friends at TP that I love as well as here.

beaker

Reaction score
MuppetQuilter said:
I would be shocked if Sesame Workshop wasn't willing to work with the Henson folk if they wanted to do a Hensonfest. There wasn't a lot of Sesame at Muppetfest, but Elmo was there. The trick (beyond convincing someone with the power to make it happen and finding a way to make it profitable) would be getting MHC to work with the others. I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Yeah a Hensonfest would be pretty awkward, given they seem to be heavy on history revisionism. The closest we may ever see I believe will be a Muppet themed day at a Disney theme park...and, if that happens, will Muppet fans from all over attend? I know I'd be there, wherever it'd be held.

Isn't it funny how they have(or had) a couple big Farscape cons a year? Farscape, a Brian Henson show that lasted a couple years, has way more of a big internet fandom/fanbase than the freaking Muppets/Sesame Street? This is sad, and as of 2006...Muppet fandom, as I said back in 1998 on here, is underground.

Fozzie Bear said:
Yeah. The sad thing is that there won't be any more cross-overs in the movies or TV specials. I always loved when SS showed up with The Muppets.
Yeah EMTV put an end to that in 2000.

As it stands:

The Muppets, Bear in the Big Blue House=Disney
Sesame Street=Sesame Workshop
Fraggle Rock, Animal Jam, Hoobs, etc etc=JHC with HIT, etc.

Is it possible that there simply is no more interest in our beloved characters? Or is it just poor script writing, poo ideas, and no ambition to get em out there anymore?

Vic Romano said:
Perhaps Muppetfest would haqppen easier if it were instead a Hensonfest. It'd be real tongue-in-cheek as far as "not mentioning" the Muppets or SS, but I'm sure there'd be a way around it. Wink wink. :wink:
That would be quite lame...as we've seen form recent Henson mini film fests, they seem to omit anything mentioning the Muppets. That's like the Pope not mentioning anything Catholic. JHC is and will always be the Muppets.

beaker

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Yeah. To get some of the people you mentioned, prawnie, and others on top of that, you and me included, we'd have to wait a few years until most of us are out of school and somewhat financially independant, since quite a few of the regular posters are students.
Also, location would be impossible, if it were just us goofing off for the weekend. Though I do think that would be the most plausible choice. I still wanna do it!! :halo: Even if I can't go, some people should plan it.
And you'd have me too! It'd be quite spiffy and rad to meet all of you who have come onto MC since 2001! I think no matter where it'd be held, it's be a pretty fun and exciting geek out adventure.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, if it were a fan run convention I bet that, with the right sponsorships, certain individuals from the production companies would be available.

You have to pay for their round-trip fare, hotel, and food.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Well, what if we petitioned Disney and/or JHC and/or SW? Or maybe we could just hold a fan convention, find some sponsors, do advertising, get some guests, and book a hotel or convention center.

Look at all the comic book, Star Wars, anime, sci-fi, and other fandom conventions that are fanbased and are run by fans for the fans. Why couldn't we do something like that?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There is a LOT of hard work and planning to get this all pulled together for a full-fledged fan-base-run convention. Just even the simple Southeastern Chapter of the NCS meeting we organized in October '05 was a LOT of work.

Maybe if there were a committee to do this?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i really think we need to frome a muppet centeral comettie. One to setup metteings have like a leader bord Phil cant do it all. this site has grown so much i think we need it. That way we would be able to really do somthing like a muppetfest, or anything else. You know what would be neat haveing an yearly muppet central get to gether not just about muppets but our fun and games and puppetering abd all of it. We could have some diffrent kind of booths setup and what not. We could also do a muppet cental e mail thing that dont just give news bulletens but like a bi weekly cool little e mail what you think. I have lots more good ideahs e mail me if anyon is interested. Lets make this the best and biggest fan based web site out there.