MuppetFest: Discuss Original and Your Dreams

dwayne1115

Reaction score
you know what i mean like a (fan-based) muppetFest commetie. gee i thought that was clear.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
You know what would be fun? If we had an amatuar night and anyone who was a puppeteer could go up, but it would be an open mike and several people at once could go up and play off one another.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
We are working on a convention/symposium this fall for cartooning. Let me see how that all works out and maybe we can discuss this Muppet thing in detail?

unclematt

Reaction score
If this committee goes anywhere I would really like to be a part of it. There are so many of us regulars that visit Muppet Central on a consistant basis and really care about the Muppets and it fans that I could totally see us pulling this off and maybe even introducing new people to MC. Honestly, I would be happy with just a Muppet Central get together. I would love to meet you all. I think it would be so much fun.

unclematt

Reaction score
Fozzie, do you have any time of time frame for this project?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Sorry, I have no idea.

Thing is, there would have to be some dedicated and committed people willing to attend wherever it is held because if we do it I want someone from the Henson World to be a part of things, and also those of us who have been inspired to create by all that to have panels about comic books/strips and puppetry. In order for those folks to come down after their invitiation, it would cost money so funds would have to be made for guests hotel, food, and travel by attendee fees.

Of course, there could be the possibility of getting someone else involved, too, like Movies.com or Coca-Cola or Ford to help back such an event. Just things to consider.

I'm so busy right now with my own stuff and Con-Sequential that there's just no time to focus on a convention of someone else's work right now.

I keep saying it, but "Maybe after October I can begin seriously considering some things." And as fast as time flies, that'll be in two weeks! :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
There seriously needs to be a Muppet/Henson related con in the summer of 2007. 52 years of Muppets, I mean c'mon! Wherever it is held, from Toledo to Tunisia I shall be there! But I agree, there needs to be some Muppet/Henson big names as well as sponsors.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, sponsors will help cover a lot of the costs. And it just isn't worth doing if we can't get some of the good folks from Henson History--Dave, Jerry, Bill, Steve, Eric, David, Brian, or whoever.

I have coined a name already for this and working up a design for the logo of the thing, so it could also include Kevin Clash and Carroll Spinney and other SS performers, too.

I have big ideas, carrying them out just seems to take a while to get there. And money. If I had the money needed to do what I want to do I'd be dangereuse!