MuppetFest Question: Who was Miss Piggy?

muppetperson

Reaction score
As around Muppetfest was the change over of Miss Piggy from Frank Oz to Eric Jacobson, I was wondering who performed Miss Piggy for her clip message?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Eric Jacobson was the perform Miss Piggy for Muppetfest.
Yes, this was the first time we heard Eric Jacobson as Miss Piggy. She was shown in video clips live via satellite. Amazingly his performance was so good that most didn't realize it wasn't Frank. After MuppetFest, Eric began performing Piggy on TV appearances like Hollywood Squares. Eric's first big production as Piggy and Fozzie was the made-for-tv film "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" in 2002.

Eric joined Sesame Street about seven years earlier in 1994.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Yes, this was the first time we heard Eric Jacobson as Miss Piggy. She was shown in video clips live via satellite. Amazingly his performance was so good that most didn't realize it wasn't Frank. After MuppetFest, Eric began performing Piggy on TV appearances like Hollywood Squares. Eric's first big production as Piggy and Fozzie was the made-for-tv film "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" in 2002.

Eric joined Sesame Street about seven years earlier in 1994.
I guess what made it more confusing is that it was rumoured that Frank Oz might be attending. I wonder if Eric was performing Miss Piggy when Frank was looping the voice in the prior Movies?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I guess what made it more confusing is that it was rumoured that Frank Oz might be attending. I wonder if Eric was performing Miss Piggy when Frank was looping the voice in the prior Movies?
While it's widely sourced that Frank Oz mainly looped his characters voices in Muppet Treasure Island and Muppets from Space, Eric didn't do the puppetry (I don't think he performed in either). Kevin Clash did most of the physical puppeteering of Frank's characters in MTI, and in MFS, the puppetry was done by John Kennedy, Alice Dennon Vernon, and Peter Linz.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
It was Ricky Boyd who performed Animal. Also Peter Linz did Piggy and John Kennedy did Fozzie & Sam.