1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppets' 1971 Dick Cavett Show appearance download

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by KermiClown, Jul 27, 2007.

1. KermiClown

KermiClown Member

Hey Everyone!

I have the entire audio track of the Muppets appearance on The Dick Cavett Show in 1971.

If you would like to hear it, you can download it from my website.

Here is the link: http://www.KermiClownVideos.com/Cavett.htm

Enjoy!

DAVID

2. zns

zns Well-Known Member

God bless you David. Hopefully Henson or the producers of the Dick Cavett show will put this out on DVD.

3. kbug67

kbug67 Member

Thanks KermiClown!
    That is an amazing piece of muppet history!

4. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

5. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Where did you actually get the entire audio from? It was great. I especially cracked up when Cookie Monster said that Johnny Carson's microphone was "Bleech!"

6. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

...And when Big Bird said he was in danger because it's Thanksgiving. ;)

7. KermiClown

KermiClown Member

I got the audio track in a trade a while back from another fan whose father captured the audio with a cassette recorder from the TV set, possibly when it originally aired. They transferred it to a CD for our trade.

I hope to have the video of the show someday, too! Here's hoping!

8. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I would love it if The Muppet Holding Company, Sesame Workshop and The Dick Cavett people would work together on putting that classic special on DVD! That would be a dream come true!
    :)

I love that fact that when Jim & Frank did the Glow Worm sketch on the show Jim was using Kermit The Frog and not Kermit The Lizard-like-creature! For some reason I find that really cool!

Also I really love the classic Muppet characters from 1971! And that special had the classics! I mean it had Kermit The Frog, Big Bird, Erine & Bert, Grover, Mahna Mahna, Oscar The Grouch, Thog, Cookie Monster, Mr. Grump, Big V, The Frackles and The Anything Muppets!

I HOPE SOMEONE OUT THERE WILL HAVE THIS BEAUTIFUL SPECIAL ON TAPE OR DVD SOMEDAY!

:)

9. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Maybe phil Chapman has the special, or he might have a way of gettting it from Henson.

10. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

I just downloaded it and Im listening to it now...sounds great so far...

11. zns

zns Well-Known Member

What I think is weird is that the announcer of the program said that :sympathy: was also on the show, yet he made no appearance whatsoever.

12. goshposh

goshposh Member

Did kermit the frog perform in i've grown accustomed to her face or did kermit?

13. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Kermit did "I've Grown Accustomed To Your Face" and Kermit The Frog did "Glow Worm". :)

14. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a video of the Dick Cavett Show version of Glow Worm? I really want to see it what it was like with Kermit the Frog instead of the pre-frog Kermit.

15. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

I can put it up on YouTube if you give me some time.

16. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

17. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

The more times I see that bit done, the more I think it works better when Kermit wasn't as established a character as he is now. When he was more of a generic being, I feel as bad because Kermit wouldn't really eat worms like that.

Duke Remington likes this.
  18. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Has anybody found the FULL episode on YouTube or any other video website?? I would LOVE to see it full!

19. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Listened to this and was amazed! Here are my thoughts.

• Thog was pretty funny in this one, and I wish he could have been a bigger character (in terms of popularity, not in size).
    • Cookie and Oscar had great lines: :insatiable: "This microphone great! The one on Carson's show…BLECCH!!!" :grouchy: (in response to Carson's question about commercials) "Yeah, I love trash!"
    • Frank's Snowths sound a lot like Miss Piggy. Also, they weren't multi-tracked, so it sounded like one Snowth singing. Perhaps later they added an extra vocal for TMS version.
    • Very Sesame-centric show, with fun skits featuring Ernie, Bert, Grover, Big Bird, Kermit, and the Anything Muppets, too! Plus the Glow-worm sketch, Visual Thinking, and "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face." Don't know why they brought Lothar, though.
    • How in the world did Jim think Frank played Herbert Birdsfoot? (face palm)
    • 5/5 would listen to again

Duke Remington likes this.
  20. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Say, do you know where I could find this on video?