Muppets 2014 Calendar!

What do you think about this years calendar?

• Total voters

galagr

Reaction score
Pretty stoked about this. This years' calendar is a major upgrade from last year, and is taking some sort of circus/ sideshow theme. I really don't see the need for Animal being there and not the rest of the Electric Mayhem, but aside from that, nice job. We've seen these pictures in the 2007 calendar, but as long as I don't have to see that picture of the Swedish Chef kissing his fingers again, I'm fine.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Muppets_2014_Calendar

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Pretty stoked about this. This years' calendar is a major upgrade from last year, and is taking some sort of circus/ sideshow theme. I really don't see the need for Animal being there and not the rest of the Electric Mayhem, but aside from that, nice job. We've seen these pictures in the 2007 calendar, but as long as I don't have to see that picture of the Swedish Chef kissing his fingers again, I'm fine.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Muppets_2014_Calendar
The drawings are fun, but this is very old art that they've already released on a calendar and it also uses that icky purple logo. Meh!
Why not use seldom-seen classic photos and bring back the original logo (sans the Henson name)?
There's some really cool stuff in their archives! A picture like this would excite me.​

Drtooth

Reaction score
The drawings are fun, but this is very old art that they've already released on a calendar and it also uses that icky purple logo. Meh!
I actually would complain about reusing old pictures, but this is an example of them doing it right. It's actually an improvement over the 2007 Calendar. We get to see those wonderful posters the way we should have seen them. Bigger, bolder, and without pollution of the character posers blocking them, and shoving them into a postage stamp sized corner. This is the calendar we should have got in 2007, we're just getting a second chance.​
I'd love to see undoctored archival stuff in a calendar, but last year's model proves they're only willing to go as far back as the 90's. Either they should try archival photos or at least take new ones.​

beaker

Reaction score
Why dont they make a NEW calendar with NEW images using posers?
Heck why not make a 2014 Parody calendar? We know Muppet Vision 3D has a bunch of newer spoof images. I dont get the marketing people sometimes at Disney. Muppet Calendars have sucked since the 2000's