1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

"Muppets...Again" officially retitled to "Muppets Most Wanted"

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Jun 13, 2013.

?

Which Muppet movie title do you prefer?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2014.
  1. The Muppets...Again!

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
  2. Muppets Most Wanted

50 vote(s)
    80.6%
  3. The Muppets 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other (Share your title below.)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%

1. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

The Jim-era sets would integrate Kermit and company into our world. That lent a legitimacy that transcended the TV nature of TMS. Since MCC, the sets have catered to the Muppets in a way that created a kind of muppety world. It has nothing to do with actual content or scripted elements. It's the production design. That Oscar category that most people don't quite understand.

I wouldn't make that particular claim for TM. The digital film stock, flat lighting and color saturation are responsible for the tinge of artificiality. It didn't overwhelm the film. Still, I hope they find a way to give the new movie more of an authentic film look in post production.

Mr.Penguin likes this.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Digital film is making everything look too perfect and artificial. That's why so many films are bathed in dark blue filters to make them look "realistic." If this can be helped, I sure hope it can be. If it isn't, there's nothing anyone can do about it. Hopefully more exterior shots and bits on location will give the realism the film needs.

3. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

Yes, this is something that bugged me, too. The Muppets were always colorful, but they didn't look kiddie-show bright. They looked like they fit into the real world of "The Muppet Movie." This changed slightly with "The Great Muppet Caper," but returned for "The Muppets Take Manhattan." Since the Disney buy-out, all of the Muppets have been really bright and cartoony.

That said, it's a VERY minor thing, and didn't detract from my enjoyment of the film. I mean, Jesus, it's a new Muppet movie!

4. Drtooth

I'm wondering of the color and brightness has something to do with making them look good for digital media. Let's face it, everything's either exceedingly bright now, or has some weird filter to it. Either that blue filter that pops up in sci-fi type films, or the occasional filter that makes a film look more like film. They actually add filters to CGI movies so they don't look distractingly clear. Maybe they need some artificial filter that gives it more of a film feel to it.

Then there could be something to be said for brand unity, and trying to build up the characters to be more easily recognized by color for younger, first time audiences.

MrBloogarFoobly likes this.
  5. Drtooth

Now that I think about it... I really wonder how good the March release date is going to work, since about 2 weeks later, the blockbuster sequel to Captain America comes out.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  6. ToonGeek

ToonGeek Active Member

I was JUST THINKING about that, honestly, I'm not sure, I'm hoping it doesn't bomb cause of that, ah well, we'll find out next year, for now, let's play the waiting game.

7. Drtooth

Well, it is a good 2 weeks before then. If it can follow the success of The Croods (which also had a late March release), it might not matter. If it can make up its budget and more in the first week, it's still considered a success.

8. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

9. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Oh man.....

10. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

11. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

That's what I'm hoping, but stranger things have happened.

12. MrBloogarFoobly

The fact that the news article was followed by a crudely drawn picture of male genitals raises my suspicion ever so slightly.

13. Drtooth

Not to mention this "Special Edition Dinosaurs Blu-Ray" nonsense.

We would have heard of that before.

14. terrimonster

terrimonster Active Member

Looking at the rest of the site, it appears to be sort of like The Onion. Their "About Us" section is nothing but a list of outlandish claims. Some sample headlines from the site:

"New Microsoft Windows 8.1 Update Removes All Internet Functionality"
    "M. Night Shyamalan Announces He's Going to Film School"
    "Australian Labor Party to Decide New Prime Minister on Big Brother"
    "George Zimmerman's Attorney Accused of Making Jury Retarded in Opening Statement"

15. Drtooth

It's like the Onion, only it sucks. It sucks BAAAAAD!

16. MrBloogarFoobly

These Onion knock-offs are really embarrassingly unfunny.

Drtooth likes this.
  17. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

So it's really fake and the site is stupid...But I do like the idea of another puppet character guest starring in a Muppet Movie, like a cameo or something (and in this case, one from the setting). That happens pretty rarely and it's always kind of neat when it does, I think. It's sorta like there's a shared universe where puppet characters are all real and valid, and it's pretty cool seeing the major puppet-celebrities acknowledge the many other approaches to what they do, or shake hands with another country's own puppet stars. :jim:

....so yeah, I'd be cool with a Flat Eric appearance. (It might also be a good touch of "weird," y'know)

....Even though he freaks JimAndFrank out (sorry). :halo:

18. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

I also like the idea of another puppet character guest starring in a Muppet Movie I'd like to see Flat Eric making a appearance

Frogpuppeteer and Mr.Penguin like this.
  19. CaptainYoda

CaptainYoda New Member

I like the new title. Much more interesting that the number 2 or just ...again.

I would like the Muppets themselves to sing most of the songs though.

20. KrazyJoe

KrazyJoe Member

I don't see how they could ever use the number '2' when this is the 8th movie. It's not even the 2nd to be released through Disney as Disney released 'Christmas Carol' and 'Treasure Island'.