Muppets Aids Cartoon

Luke

Reaction score
Hi Guys

'Jab TV' have released a parody flash cartoon based on the recent Muppet/Sesame Aids news stories. This is REALLY gonna put the cat among the Sesame Street Pigeons around here but in the interests of news here it is. The animation and concept is actually not bad, but obviously i'm not saying anything about the content other than it's NOT FOR CHILDREN or for those easily offended.

http://www.jabtv.com/aids.php

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Yeesh. I think this should be a lesson to Sesame Workshop, that even if your thinking about making a controversial character, DO NOT announce it until its finalized. I mean, this character isn't even coming to America and its getting this kind of mockery.

Whatever, I'm not offended really, I just think its stupid. Although the person who did Kermits voice wasn't half bad. I think Modern Humorist was funnier with their joke on the subject.

-Matt

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock

Whatever, I'm not offended really, I just think its stupid. Although the person who did Kermits voice wasn't half bad. I think Modern Humorist was funnier with their joke on the subject.

Ok, I am confused, and I am really not trying to pick a fight here, but more to understand your thought process.

You aren't offended but this cartoon, yet you feel that Snoop Dogg should never work with the Muppets, nor should freaky youth wear Muppet clothing? Honestly, I don't get your standard system, man. Do explain....

:confused:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I understand your not trying to pick a fight, but this is another perfect example of how I don't seem to be doing anything right here.

Now, I am not offended by this, because it is not an official Henson release, and its just a goofy thing in my eyes. I am offened that Snoop Dogg will be working with the Muppets because it is Henson sanctioned, and he has a bad record in my eyes. I am offended by the goths I know who are just the scum of the earth wearing Henson clothing because I think it gives the company a bad name.

Matt should take offense to this, but if he did, he would still be wrong. That's what seems to be the deal around here.

-Matt

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Good Flash animation, great Kermit impersonation, but I found it too "on the nose", rather tacky and supporting lame stereotypes. It would be great if these people could put their talent to better use, but I certainly don't support censorship. Parodies are an important form of expression. I kind of watched it on a few levels, but it just wasn't to my taste.

Certainly not for kids!

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Matt should take offense to this, but if he did, he would still be wrong. That's what seems to be the deal around here.

Ok, I think I understand. I wasn't thinking "Matt should take offense to this", more like, "If I had to bet I would say that Matt might be offended by this based on his past list of offensive things." Get it? I was just surprised by your response that is all.

It didn't do much for me, although Piggy's voice was pretty dead on in one part. I forget which line. LOL

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Heh, okay I getcha. I really kinda let non-official Henson things roll off my skin. Like on Yahoo! I saw a group that was titled "Muppets and EVIL!" I clicked in for a description, and all it said was "Yes...Muppets are evil. You might think they're nice and cute, but they aren't." I just laughed at that. And the "Faces of Death" thing on Letterman, I just shrugged that one off as well. :smile:

-Matt

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Although I don't think this is offensive, I think it's just plain gross-looking :rolleyes:

- Billy :cool:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
ack! uck!

i saw this on Tough Pigs before, or last night, i thought it was discusting, yucka!

"Parodies are an important form of expression" well i wonder what the heck they are trying to express? WAIT! don't answer that!

Zack)Rowlf the, ya know, at time's i'm glad Rowlf is left out of things because he's not as big of a character he used to be...poor fozzie, he's stuck,he's not as big, but still remembered,i mean when it come's to people talking out of the wrong cheeks, like with this cartoon, Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree, Zack. It is offensive. I guess they are expressing the loss of innocence in having an HIV positive Muppet in South Africa's Sesame Street. I feel they took it too far, but I found it more of a reflection of the world we now live in than really a dis to the Muppets. But even if AIDS were cured today, there would still be no cure for the kind of tackiness that inspired this flashtoon. Even my more extreme friends didn not enjoy it. It really says a lot.