Muppets Around The World

Whatever

Reaction score
Very cool, thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to hearing the German version!

Whatever

Reaction score
Thank you! That's so cool! I spent last year in Germany and I saw Sesame Street, MIS, and GMC in German, but not the Muppet Show. I speak German pretty fluently, but I can't tell what the lyrics are on that. Listening is the most difficult part for me.

Whatever

Reaction score
Okay, I actually took the time to look at what they had on that site and only two songs were in German. Pity.
But here is the theme song to the Muppet Show in German:
. Lady's:
Jetzt tanzen alle Puppen,
macht auf der Bühne Licht,
macht Musik bis der Schuppen
wackelt und zusammenbricht.

2.Boy's:
Schmeißt Euch in Frack und Fummel,
und Vorhang auf - Hallo -
freut Euch auf Spaß und Rummel
in der heut'gen Muppet - Show!

3. Kermit:
Ich komm gleich nochmal wieder,
dann geh - ich ist das klar!
Ich singe keine Lieder,
Ich präsentier den Star !!!

4. Kermit:
Vorhang auf für die
sensationellste,
fabelhaftellste,
königreichälteste,
muppetionellste- ja jetzt kommt die
super Muppet - Show !!!!!!

rexcrk

Reaction score
Personally, I get a big kick out of watching any of the Muppet movies in a language other than english... :crazy: :stick_out_tongue:

Fighbird

Reaction score
That german version don't sound right to me... :smirk:

I grew up watching the german versions of TMS on german television, and AFAIR they used the original score for it and dubbed the singing (like in the french version); this one here is an all new score that sounds like it was made using late-80's sounds (think MIDI). Where did you get it from? Some post-80's video compilation?

I always loved the fact, that Germany alsways used the same actors to dub the same characters... That german guy who did Kermit on SS and TMS (who also had some real-life skits on the german SS!) was even brought in to do the german dub on my MFS DVD. Gotta love that. :smile: