1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppets Arrive At UK McDonalds !

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Luke, Nov 29, 2002.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

BlueFrackle, let us know when ya get pix at least of the rumored Sam the Eagle and Rizzo MCdonalds plushes! ^_^
    So glad these are finally out.
  2. Luke

Luke Active Member

Fozzie is out already ? Sheesh - i can't even keep up with this. So who else is on offer with Fozzie ?
  3. mattyboy

mattyboy New Member

Fozzie isn't out yet in most stores, its still Kermit and Swedish Chef, although some major stores are selling the whole lot. I live in Portsmouth and they are only doing Kermit and The Swedish Chef at the moment. Fozzie will probably come out in most stores in the later weeks, unless you can find a store that sells them all where you live. Hope this helps you Luke.:)
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

Phew thanks - you could almost hear the fear in my words right ? Two visits to McD's in 7 days ? *shaking* That's just too much !
    They really oughta sell alcohol there, it'd help them shift a lot more food if people were drunk !
  5. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Luke,

They sell alcohol in McDonalds in Spain !

Today i got Animal and Fozzie !

They are now out, The week for Swedish Chef and Kermit seems to have been Cut short !

Next up is Gonzo and Rowlf then Beaker and Piggy.
    I hope i remembered that right - LOL

It also seems like the boxes are staying the same.

See ya
  6. SNLIM

SNLIM New Member

on behalf on all the US members "i am so jealous!" i can't even begin to express how much i would absolutely love to have muppet mc donald toys in the states! is there anyway we can contact the mcdonald people and ask to have them in the US? you guys are so increadibly lucky! :eek:
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Re: Luke,

I knew Europe was different(ie: toplessness is accpetible in most places, nudity is rampant on regular television, everyone can drink) but alcohol at Mcdonalds? Holy Hamburglar!

Btw, this is gonna sound really geo-centric...but where are all the non US/UK people? As I swear in four years the only countries Ive seen fans from on here are US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Portugal, and I think a couple from Mexico and Israel. I think if MC put a little more emphasis on international Sesame sections we might get a few more people from different areas. My point being is that MC's index says 'Uniting fans around the globe' when it might as well say 'Uniting fans around the US and some from the UK'

Also, are you *sure* Sam and Rizzo are coming out(in Belguim?) as Im not sure we have any contacts there on MC. (weird theyd decide to release those in one country)
  8. FozzieFan74

FozzieFan74 New Member

Does anyone know when Belgium is going to have the promotion? I just checked their site and for Belgium it is Treasure Planet promotion right now and no signs of the Muppets.
  9. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

hey Cory, don't forget canada!!!
  10. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

Could someone get me a Swedish Chef and Rowlf? I want to get them for my moms birthday.
  11. SNLIM

SNLIM New Member

since finding out about these muppet happy meal toys i've been looking through the various mc donald websites and noticed that it seems like all the mc donalds have stuff that the US ones don't. for example: besides the muppet toys, canada has a new "lighter choices" menu and hockey cards which i know that both would fly very well here in the states. i don't know, i just thought it was weird. does anyone know if any other countries are getting the muppet toys?
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think the Muppet toys are all countries within Europe so thats UK, Belgium, Spain, France etc etc.
  13. SNLIM

SNLIM New Member

so there is no chance that they will hit the U.S.? :(
  14. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

No chance, no chance at all... i don't think that U.S Mc D's would pick up the same toys the UK had a couple mouths later. This would have been nice if it was world round, but i don't think they do that with Mc D's toys. the UK didn't get any of the other U.S"Muppet" toys that were at Mc D's in the past or they got diffrent one's from other resurants (Wendy's kids Meals MFS toys)

but this is the first real (kermit the frog,miss piggy,fozzie bear Gonzo,Rowlf the dog, muppet show muppets muppet toys to hit Mc'ds...wait, what did i just say?

Zack)Rowlf the, i guess there is always e-bay?Dog.
  15. BlueFrackle

Zack,

We didnt get the Wendy's Kids Meal.
    I dont even think we have Wendy's.

But we did get a Muppets From Space Burger King toys.
    They werent the same as Wendy's either.

See ya
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Here's a link to the Burger king toys in the Muppet collectibles sections

Burker King Uk Muppets from space, there

I can't tell what some of them are, and Animal looks ghastly. I want the Rizzo one so bad, though! Maybe someone in the UK can make a trade packet of that, Chef,, Beaker, and Rowlf, and I'll hit collectible stores and stuff to see if I can find anything worth trading for.
  17. BlueFrackle

Tooth,

UK Muppets From Space Burger King toys -

Vibrating Animal Head -
    When you pull a string in the top of his head it shakes and winds the string back up.

Rizzo on Cheese -
    You just wind this up and he does push ups with the mouse trap.

Kermit in the Electric Mayhem Bus -
    You wind it up and as it goes along Kermit bobs up and down.

Gonzo and SpaceShip -
    You put the suction pad onto a wall, Pull the mini Gonzo and then he goes up and the Gonzo head ontop spins around.

Piggy in Meteor -
    Open the meteor and a little light comes on over Piggy.
    Thats all it does.

See ya
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I uh.. don't particularly think that that's a legal toy. I just think it sounds dirty somehow...

Looks ugly as heck, though...
  19. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Hey BlueFrackle,

no i ment that atleast the UK and the US got MFS toys (but) were not the same as the wendy's toys the USA got, i wasn't sure what resturant that they were in UK ,(Burger King) I was just stating that there was a time that the UK and the US got Muppet toys from fast food resturants "around" the same time, that's why i said diffrent ones.
  20. BlueFrackle

Zack,

Oh, I mistunderstood.

See ya