Muppets as part of TV Land awards

fatblue

Reaction score
I originally posted this on Classic SS, but figured this may be a better spot for it. I enjoyed the TV Land awards as always, but can't understand why Jim Henson's stuff wasn't given any credit, such shows like The Muppet Show and Sesame Street are every bit as much an important part of TV history as Andy Griffith or Bob Newhart. I believed they should have been recognized, many adults enjoyed the Muppet Show every as much as kids did.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
They don't show those shows on TV Land. That's why.

fatblue

Reaction score
well...

They should in my opinion, the muppets were primetime as well. I would watch every Monday night like clock work.

unclematt

Reaction score
Many of the shows awarded on the TVLAND Awards are not on the network such as StarTrek but have recieved awards. I do know that The Muppet Show used to be shown on Nick at Nite so there is no reason the show shouldnt show up on TVLAND.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
unclematt said:
Many of the shows awarded on the TVLAND Awards are not on the network such as StarTrek but have recieved awards.
Didn't realize that. Well, that's kinda different then, huh?

WHERE'S OUR MUPPETS, TV LAND?! :mad:

fatblue

Reaction score
Maybe eventually TV Land OR NIck will start running them, if you hope for something enough, you never know.