1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppets as X-Men

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by Ruahnna, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

http://churchm.ag/the-muppets-x-men-mashup/

He's at it again--this time with a chromosomal twist. Here are the Muppets as Mutants, by the wonderful Eric Dye.

And the one of Piggy as Jean Grey is "to dye for."

Enjoy!
    bandit likes this.
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I love the one with Beaker as Magneto and Bunsen as Professor X! What an inspired combo!
  3. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Cool drawings. I kept thinking that Animal should be Wolverine before looking too. Maybe Janice should be Storm?
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

So what cast of Muppets/mutants are we talking here? :confused:
  5. Ruahnna

Ohh! How thoughtless of me!

Kermit is Cyclops (the leader and self-appointed control freak); Piggy is Jean Gray, portrayed in a dazzling blaze of flame (so I guess it's really Piggy/Phoenix); Bunsen is Professor Xavier while Beaker is Juggernaut; Animal is Wolverine (who really probably should have had drum-sticks sticking out instead of claws!); Gonzo is furry and blue...no, wait--that's Nightcrawler. No, wait--it's BOTH! And Fozzie is an upside-down, furry blue Beast (who is still one of the two sexiest Dr. McCoy's on the planet!)
    The Count likes this.
  6. The Count

Thanks Ru. Thought :eek: was Magneto per Beauregard's above post. So :) as Cyc, :mad: as Jean, and :o as Hank. That'd mean only Angel and Iceman are missing to complete the true First Class.

*Ponders on some potential added suggestions like :hungry: as Magneto or :attitude: as Thunderbird or Annie Sue as Jubilee.
  7. Beauregard

Yeah, Beaker is Magneto, but they are easily mixed up. He has pens and stuff flying at him because of his magnetism and looks a bit panicked! I love the way they've been drawn as the frenemy twosome of M and X.

Beaker from VMC would make an excellent Juggernaut however. Haha.
  8. The Count

Hmm... Dunno if :eek: from VMMC or Sweetums would make the better Juggernaut. When it comes to stuff like this, I'm one of those who prefers to have a one-on-one ratio between both crossover franchises, kind of how I think Disney loses out on opportunities with their East Coast resort Christmas pin promotions. They have eightteen resorts, so you'd think that'd allow them to have eightteen pins with eightteen different characters. But nooo, they end up repeating characters. Of course this'll pose a problem for the female X-members.

Scooter as Iceman sounds best, we'd still need Angel though.
  9. Beauregard

Oh! Yes! Sweetums would make an X-cellent Juggernaut! Or an excellent Beast, for that matter.
  10. The Count

Another thing I was thinking is maybe :sing: as Gambet and :flirt: as Rogue.

Or maybe you could have made it into the Brotherhood of Mutants like this.
    Big Mean Carl as The Blob, :) as Toad, :mad: as Scarlet Witch, ;) as Quicksilver, :concern: as Avalanche.
    :o as Sabertooth, :eek: as Magneto, :flirt: as Mystique, :confused: as Juggernaut, and Uncle D as Apocalypse.
  11. Ruahnna

Oh, fooey! Sorry--I took too quick a look and assumed that Beaker and Bunsen were arguing siblings instead of arguing arch, um, friends? Of COURSE that's Magneto! (They're probably going to take away my inflatable Wolverine figure for being so careless....
  12. The Count

Who will... The Geek Cops? Nah, Scooter's stalling them until we can get the full team assembled. I would, however, keep anything inflatable away from Animal's adamantium claws. :halo:
  13. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Three guesses which one I'd want as a T-shirt, LOL.

Angel could be the MFC turkey. :)

Piggy can't be Scarlet Witch. She's too epic as Dark Phoenix (the red and gold Phoenix gives it away). As Gonzo is Nightcrawler, Camilla can be Scarlet Witch. :)

Annie Sue can be Mystique.

Agree with Janice and Floyd as Rogue and Gambit.

Hilda can be Dust.

I can't help seeing Wanda as Moira MacTaggart, though she isn't a mutant.

Wayne would be Banshee.
    The Count likes this.
  14. Beauregard

I actually think that Beauregard would make a good Juggernaut, with his strength and stupidity :p
  15. Ruahnna

But Beauregard has a neck....
  16. Beauregard

Right...Details. :oops:

I'm also kinda seeing Rizzo as Iceman and Pepe as Pyro from the movies where they are the younger (smaller) characters.
  17. Ruahnna

What about Annie Sue as Jubilee? (I DISLIKE how, in the X-Men movies, which I liked okay, they managed to mash two very different female characters into one composite Jubilee/Rogue. Rogue was woman with a sad past, and Jubilee was still raring to get started on her butt-kicking career, and they did NOT need to be mashed into one.)

I DID, however, despite several friends protests and complaints, roundly approve (Squarely? Triangle-y?) of Kelsey Grammer as Beast. A big-brained, big-brawned, erudite smart guy with fur? Yum yum!
    Piggy: Moi notices you are also into nerds!
    Ru: You betcha!
    Piggy: (growling) Stay away from the frog! He's MINE!
    Ru: No problem, Honey. Um...seen Gonzo anywhere?
  18. The Count

Saw Gonzo juggling a batch of eggs on Brake A Leg! if you're looking for him Ru.
    Yes, agree whole-heartedly (well, not with a hole in the heart) about Annie Sue as Jubilee. Hadn't rully noticed the mashup in characters though, then again, I only kind of half-saw the second movie.

Of Kelly's suggestions, the only one I don't know is Dust.

Moira wasn't a mutant true... But she did give birth to Proteus, a mutant son.
    If Wayne's Banshee, then who's Black Tom?

I also kind of like Robin for the role of Morph.
    Maybe Beauregard as Colossus instead?
  19. Beauregard

Beauregard as Colossus is SUCH an inspired idea! Ed, I could hug you!
    The Count likes this.