1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppets Auditions Sept 2005+

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Fozzie Bear, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Melonpool

Melonpool Member

My only regret was I didn't know about the MTR or Disney expeditions. I would have tagged along for those as well. I have some ideas on some future projects for some of the people at the puppet dinner as well. I'll have to stew over it for a bit...

Steve
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Aw, man! I thought all that information was posted on the site somewhere! I'm sorry. I wish I had known better my own self about that, but I honestly wasn't sure if I was going there or to Universal Studios until Friday night. I wish I'd have had your phone number so I could call and verify.
  3. Melonpool

Melonpool Member

Well, my reading of these message boards is spotty at best. :) I may have missed it. If I had actually recognized any of you at the audition, that might have been a good way to get myself invited as well.

Steve
  4. Fozzie Bear

We need a week where everybody's avatar is a picture of themselves for just that week so we can know each other better for stuff like that.
  5. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

Wha'choo talkin' 'bout, Fozzie? Mine is a picture of me!

:p
  6. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

People like you and Beau would have to help people like me to transform pictures of ourselves into avatars.
    BTW, I'm glad you're back to the Fozzie avatars now. It just wasn't the same with Kermit.
  7. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Details man details! :)

So what did we miss after the Storyteller w/Q & A with Brian? I really wanted to show him my puppet, at least Lisa saw it! So Heather was there too? Dang. I'm really kickin' myself for not staying another night. Luke's probably kicking me too!

Oh yeah, who else brought their own puppets (for those of you who I didn't get to meet at the auditions or otherwise, I was the guy there with the pinkish dragon puppet)? What did you guys perform at the dinner? Why wasn't I there? Ack! Maybe if you tell me in enough detail, I can work it into my memory and fool myself to thinking I actually got to go.

Later!
    Anthony

P.S. It was SO GREAT to meet Frogster, Fozzie Bear, Was Once Ernie, Jinx, TravelTravel, and even Tom (from Tough Pigs)! I can't stress enough to everyone who visits these boards, MEET PEOPLE FROM MUPPET CENTRAL IN PERSON, you'll have the best time!

:)
  8. Fozzie Bear

Ah--so it is. Shows how much "I" know! :crazy:

Well, if you have the pic online anywhere it can be uploaded to our computers and we can change it for you. Is this something folks are interested in at all, though? If so, it might be worth doing.

Glad going back to the Fozzie avatars made your life feel more balanced again! HA HA!! I often wondered what it would be like if I wasn't using Fozzie avatars anymore...now I know. I got a death threat, a bomb threat, and a list of really bad jokes for changing that avatar!
  9. Fozzie Bear

Yeah, Luke's gonna kick you. Hard. Actually, after the 2 Storyteller Episodes that Jim Henson directed (one was The Heartless Giant, but for the life of me I cannot remember the other one) Brian did some Q&A and then we went outside and he stuck around some to sign autographs and take photos. You know what? One of the things I love best about the Henson Five (as I call them) is that they are really friendly, hands-on, and don't mind taking time to be personable with the fans! Brian took his time and was nice, smiling, and wasn't at all rushed or rushing to leave.

Lisa is very nice and friendly, too. She was signing the books and very gracious about taking photos. Heather seemed almost bashful about signing the book for me! On the dedication page she's mentioned with John, and so she signed on that page. I think she said she visits MC once in a while. I really wish they'd visit for sure but, you know, unofficially and post as fans do. Then again, who's to say they don't!

Sorry, the dinner meeting was top secret and I can't say anything about it!

Just kidding! PenelopePitstop came and brought a little girl and a mouse; Mayberry Melonpool brought Steve (ha!); obviously I was there with Muley; Frank had Garth on hand; and Kermit made a special appearance! Everyone was talking with one another until Muley realized that there was a whole audience out there (the restaurant employees, patrons, and folks waiting in line to get in) and so he then yells out, "Okay, audience participation time: Which one of you ladies has the biggest hair?" A sweet elderly lady was picked by her family and the Mule asks, "What's your favorite song? Pick a standard, lady." She paused, so Muley asks, "You like Frank Sinatra?" She says, "Yes, do New York, New York." Muley says, "Okay, yeah. Pick another one, I don't know the words!" So, Garth began singing, and Mayberry Melonpool hops in as did the others. Muley doesn't know the words, so he begins singing, "blah blah blah blah blaaahhhh; blah blah blah todayyyy. Blah blah..." you get the idea. It was much fun and I'm thinking we really should not be waiting this long to meet up.

I was once talking about a Muppet Fan Con run by fans and, even if it's just a group of us getting together, bringing our puppets, and watching Henson-related works we need to do that. I already miss everybody bad!

I was happy to meet everyone as well, and, like I said, I miss everyone already!

Oh, one thing was when Jinx, WOE, and myself were riding back from Disneyland we sang as Kermit, Gonzo, and Fozzie doing Muppet Movie Songs. I wish we could have remembered all of "Hey, A Movie" because what we did sing was great!

Certainly, one of the best trips I've been on in a while.
  10. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I hope you are kidding! :concern:
  11. Fozzie Bear

Yeah, I was kidding about the bad jokes part.

Gang, if you get any info on Toronto, please let me know! Also, if you're going to Toronto and arrange an after auditions dinner, send me the details and I'll post them in the Toronto Info Section in post #1 of this thread!
  12. Jinx

Jinx Member

Yeah, it was a really great time! I am so glad that we were able to be together as much as we were.

The second "Storyteller" program was Death and the Soldier with those really amazing devil puppets. It would have been nice if the Q&A had been longer, but the lady from the museum seemed very concerned that it was so close to closing time that she rushed things a bit. But Brian was extremely gracious and did indeed take his time with each person he spoke to, myself included.

The dinner was so great, but I think that next time we need to have "social hour" before to be able to mill about some more. Sitting at the table tends to confine conversations a little bit to the people closest to you, and of course there is just never enough time to get in all the chatting you want to. I think that a fan con would be a great idea!

The actual audition really seemed secondary to the time spent with "old friends who've just met"! Because after all, "peoples is peoples"!
  13. Fozzie Bear

I agree! Time spent with friends was most important. But, you all know me, I love my friends!!
  14. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

I just wanted to chime in here with a "Me, too!", "Me, too!". I also had a great time meeting everyone. And I agree with Jinx, it's a shame there wasn't more time to mingle. I think we practically closed the restaurant. There was only one other couple eating in the main dining room when we left. The owner was also sitting down to eat.

Even though we were noisy, I think the staff enojyed having us. I know our server had to be happy... we left her a huge tip on top of the one they had already added to the bill.

But I have to tell you, in case you haven't figured it out from reading his posts here, Fozzie is truly a terrific guy! We had a great time, laughing and joking and doing funny characters. I took him on a whirlwind Hollywood tour, showing him all the studios and backlots (the "Friends" fountain and original "Bewitched" house are right across the street from me). I even took him past the Henson Company Studio so Muley could get his picture with Charlie Chaplin Kermit. And he got a sneak preview of the Wall Sculpture at the Academy that's being dedicated tomorrow.

I found the audition process somewhat demeaning and disappointing, but meeting everyone was an absolute joy!

:p
  15. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

Just curious what was demeaning and disappointing?

I'm happy to hear other than that you had a great time.

16. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I love the Muppets, and I love Disney, and it's still my dream to build my career with them.

:)
    Anthony
  17. Fozzie Bear

Keep in mind that they do read these boards. I was told at the MTR by some folks that even THEY read these boards! If you want to work at the Muppets/Disney, etc, I would suggest to everyone that you keep the posts better than maybe a little-slight negative so next time you'll have a star next to your name and not an "x!" :)

After all, there are still opportunities to make it to Toronto to audition.

PS: Todd, if you read this, please call me back with the Toronto information as soon as you can so I can update the site for folks going there. Thanks, Kevin in Memphis. ;)
  18. Fozzie Bear

19. Treelo

Treelo Member

Hey Fozzie - how'd you manage to snag a photo with the puppet?
  20. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Yeah, that may not be a good idea. After all, as you said, the Muppet and Disney people read the boards.