Muppets Auditions Sept 2005+

Melonpool

Reaction score
My only regret was I didn't know about the MTR or Disney expeditions. I would have tagged along for those as well. I have some ideas on some future projects for some of the people at the puppet dinner as well. I'll have to stew over it for a bit...

Steve

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Aw, man! I thought all that information was posted on the site somewhere! I'm sorry. I wish I had known better my own self about that, but I honestly wasn't sure if I was going there or to Universal Studios until Friday night. I wish I'd have had your phone number so I could call and verify.

Melonpool

Reaction score
Well, my reading of these message boards is spotty at best. :smile: I may have missed it. If I had actually recognized any of you at the audition, that might have been a good way to get myself invited as well.

Steve

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
We need a week where everybody's avatar is a picture of themselves for just that week so we can know each other better for stuff like that.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
We need a week where everybody's avatar is a picture of themselves for just that week so we can know each other better for stuff like that.
Wha'choo talkin' 'bout, Fozzie? Mine is a picture of me!

:stick_out_tongue:

Whatever

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
People like you and Beau would have to help people like me to transform pictures of ourselves into avatars.
BTW, I'm glad you're back to the Fozzie avatars now. It just wasn't the same with Kermit.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Disneyland is great fun, the event at the MTR was awesome (Met Brian, Heather, and Lisa Henson) and the Saturday Night dinner was a blast. All of us with our own puppets ended up behind a long table and performing for a group of folks in the restaurant!
Details man details! :smile:

So what did we miss after the Storyteller w/Q & A with Brian? I really wanted to show him my puppet, at least Lisa saw it! So Heather was there too? Dang. I'm really kickin' myself for not staying another night. Luke's probably kicking me too!

Oh yeah, who else brought their own puppets (for those of you who I didn't get to meet at the auditions or otherwise, I was the guy there with the pinkish dragon puppet)? What did you guys perform at the dinner? Why wasn't I there? Ack! Maybe if you tell me in enough detail, I can work it into my memory and fool myself to thinking I actually got to go.

Later!
Anthony

P.S. It was SO GREAT to meet Frogster, Fozzie Bear, Was Once Ernie, Jinx, TravelTravel, and even Tom (from Tough Pigs)! I can't stress enough to everyone who visits these boards, MEET PEOPLE FROM MUPPET CENTRAL IN PERSON, you'll have the best time!

:smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
Wha'choo talkin' 'bout, Fozzie? Mine is a picture of me! :stick_out_tongue:
Ah--so it is. Shows how much "I" know! :crazy:

Whatever said:
People like you and Beau would have to help people like me to transform pictures of ourselves into avatars. BTW, I'm glad you're back to the Fozzie avatars now. It just wasn't the same with Kermit.
Well, if you have the pic online anywhere it can be uploaded to our computers and we can change it for you. Is this something folks are interested in at all, though? If so, it might be worth doing.

Glad going back to the Fozzie avatars made your life feel more balanced again! HA HA!! I often wondered what it would be like if I wasn't using Fozzie avatars anymore...now I know. I got a death threat, a bomb threat, and a list of really bad jokes for changing that avatar!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
Details man details! :smile: So what did we miss after the Storyteller w/Q & A with Brian? I really wanted to show him my puppet, at least Lisa saw it! So Heather was there too? Dang. I'm really kickin' myself for not staying another night. Luke's probably kicking me too!
Yeah, Luke's gonna kick you. Hard. Actually, after the 2 Storyteller Episodes that Jim Henson directed (one was The Heartless Giant, but for the life of me I cannot remember the other one) Brian did some Q&A and then we went outside and he stuck around some to sign autographs and take photos. You know what? One of the things I love best about the Henson Five (as I call them) is that they are really friendly, hands-on, and don't mind taking time to be personable with the fans! Brian took his time and was nice, smiling, and wasn't at all rushed or rushing to leave.

Lisa is very nice and friendly, too. She was signing the books and very gracious about taking photos. Heather seemed almost bashful about signing the book for me! On the dedication page she's mentioned with John, and so she signed on that page. I think she said she visits MC once in a while. I really wish they'd visit for sure but, you know, unofficially and post as fans do. Then again, who's to say they don't!

KermieBaby47 said:
Oh yeah, who else brought their own puppets (for those of you who I didn't get to meet at the auditions or otherwise, I was the guy there with the pinkish dragon puppet)? What did you guys perform at the dinner? Why wasn't I there? Ack! Maybe if you tell me in enough detail, I can work it into my memory and fool myself to thinking I actually got to go . Later! Anthony
Sorry, the dinner meeting was top secret and I can't say anything about it!

Just kidding! PenelopePitstop came and brought a little girl and a mouse; Mayberry Melonpool brought Steve (ha!); obviously I was there with Muley; Frank had Garth on hand; and Kermit made a special appearance! Everyone was talking with one another until Muley realized that there was a whole audience out there (the restaurant employees, patrons, and folks waiting in line to get in) and so he then yells out, "Okay, audience participation time: Which one of you ladies has the biggest hair?" A sweet elderly lady was picked by her family and the Mule asks, "What's your favorite song? Pick a standard, lady." She paused, so Muley asks, "You like Frank Sinatra?" She says, "Yes, do New York, New York." Muley says, "Okay, yeah. Pick another one, I don't know the words!" So, Garth began singing, and Mayberry Melonpool hops in as did the others. Muley doesn't know the words, so he begins singing, "blah blah blah blah blaaahhhh; blah blah blah todayyyy. Blah blah..." you get the idea. It was much fun and I'm thinking we really should not be waiting this long to meet up.

I was once talking about a Muppet Fan Con run by fans and, even if it's just a group of us getting together, bringing our puppets, and watching Henson-related works we need to do that. I already miss everybody bad!

KermieBaby47 said:
P.S. It was SO GREAT to meet Frogster, Fozzie Bear, Was Once Ernie, Jinx, TravelTravel, and even Tom (from Tough Pigs)! I can't stress enough to everyone who visits these boards, MEET PEOPLE FROM MUPPET CENTRAL IN PERSON, you'll have the best time! :smile:
I was happy to meet everyone as well, and, like I said, I miss everyone already!

Oh, one thing was when Jinx, WOE, and myself were riding back from Disneyland we sang as Kermit, Gonzo, and Fozzie doing Muppet Movie Songs. I wish we could have remembered all of "Hey, A Movie" because what we did sing was great!

Certainly, one of the best trips I've been on in a while.

Whatever

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Glad going back to the Fozzie avatars made your life feel more balanced again! HA HA!! I often wondered what it would be like if I wasn't using Fozzie avatars anymore...now I know. I got a death threat, a bomb threat, and a list of really bad jokes for changing that avatar!
I hope you are kidding! :concern: