Muppets being crafted in New Zealand

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anniversary Muppet characters being crafted in New Zealand
Courtesy of Yahoo News

A New Zealand design workshop has gone from making Hobbits to Muppets.

Special effects group Weta Workshop, which won two Academy Awards for creating characters in "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring," has designed miniature a range of Muppet figurines.

They will go on sale, initially in the United States for dlrs 187 each, to mark the Muppet Show's 25th anniversary this year. No release date has yet been set.

The Wellington-based group was granted a license last year to create 20 Muppet characters by the Jim Henson Co., Weta art director Ben Hawker said Thursday.

Regarded as collectable rather than toys, they will be 12-15 centimeters (4.8-6.0 inch) high and will be made of polystone in China.

Weta director Richard Taylor who won the Oscars said a model of Kermit the Frog took six months to perfect and he is thrilled with how the other Muppets turned out.

"In many ways they are is the crown jewels of America and being allowed so close to them is a great privilege," Taylor said.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I honestly think the should re-consider and make a Floyd Bust.

See ya

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Re: New Muppet busts being crafted in New Zealand

Originally posted by Phillip Chapman

They will go on sale, initially in the United States for dlrs 187 each, to mark the Muppet Show's 25th anniversary this year.
dlrs 187?

Would someone kindly translate that for me?

towels

Reaction score
Re: Re: New Muppet busts being crafted in New Zealand

Originally posted by MuppetQuilter

dlrs 187?

Would someone kindly translate that for me?
My guess would be $187.

"Crown Jewels of America"???

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
But aren't these the WETA Busts we can pre-order from Side Show? And isn't the most expensive one about $60? I'm confused.....

Stulz

Reaction score
WHAT???

OK am I Missing Something here or does this make um ... NO SENCE or WHAT???????

More Info would be appreciated...

Chris

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Okay, so are these figures too or is this more info about the busts? Very confused. And they are $187? No way could I afford that!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I think these are non articulated, mini resin statues of the characeters. I wouldn't put those out if you ask me...stick to the busts. The market will jump on the action figures at 8.99 before a 187...I mean, granted, their sculpts are phenomenal...but sometimes you can just have too much of a good thing. BUt who am I to judge? Maybe I am being blind...

towels

Reaction score
187 is a really weird sounding price point too...
but for the Crown Jewels of America ...