1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppets being crafted in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Anniversary Muppet characters being crafted in New Zealand
    Courtesy of Yahoo News

A New Zealand design workshop has gone from making Hobbits to Muppets.

Special effects group Weta Workshop, which won two Academy Awards for creating characters in "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring," has designed miniature a range of Muppet figurines.

They will go on sale, initially in the United States for dlrs 187 each, to mark the Muppet Show's 25th anniversary this year. No release date has yet been set.

The Wellington-based group was granted a license last year to create 20 Muppet characters by the Jim Henson Co., Weta art director Ben Hawker said Thursday.

Regarded as collectable rather than toys, they will be 12-15 centimeters (4.8-6.0 inch) high and will be made of polystone in China.

Weta director Richard Taylor who won the Oscars said a model of Kermit the Frog took six months to perfect and he is thrilled with how the other Muppets turned out.

"In many ways they are is the crown jewels of America and being allowed so close to them is a great privilege," Taylor said.
  2. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

I honestly think the should re-consider and make a Floyd Bust.

See ya
  3. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

Re: New Muppet busts being crafted in New Zealand

dlrs 187?

Would someone kindly translate that for me?
  4. towels

towels New Member

Re: Re: New Muppet busts being crafted in New Zealand

My guess would be $187.

"Crown Jewels of America"???
  5. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

But aren't these the WETA Busts we can pre-order from Side Show? And isn't the most expensive one about $60? I'm confused.....
  6. Stulz

Stulz Member

WHAT???

OK am I Missing Something here or does this make um ... NO SENCE or WHAT???????

More Info would be appreciated...

Chris
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Okay, so are these figures too or is this more info about the busts? Very confused. And they are $187? No way could I afford that!
  8. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

I think these are non articulated, mini resin statues of the characeters. I wouldn't put those out if you ask me...stick to the busts. The market will jump on the action figures at 8.99 before a 187...I mean, granted, their sculpts are phenomenal...but sometimes you can just have too much of a good thing. BUt who am I to judge? Maybe I am being blind...
  9. towels

towels New Member

187 is a really weird sounding price point too...
    but for the Crown Jewels of America ...
  10. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member