Muppets Branding World Premiere

daneault

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here, but I wanted to ask all of you muppet-o-philes about a book my wife got me for christmas. It's called "the Muppets World Branding Premiere". It's a book of promo art and logos and package design, and it's got interesting info f about all the main muppets. It's a really cool book for a muppet fan.

My question is this: I work as a graphic designer, and I know that Branding Materials like this are not usually made available to the public. Does anyone know anything about it? How would this book have ended up loose in the world? There's no ISBN, no publication info, no author, even, so I don't know anything about it.

Or, should I just not look a gift muppet book in the mouth, and roll with? :smile:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi There,

Firstly lucky you for been given this as a gift.

There is no ISBN number as it is not generally published on sale to the public.

This book is what is known as a ''Style guide'' it is given to licensees for ideas and info on the characters. I believe a CD-ROM would have originally come with the book, with the images that the codes relate to, and probably additional images too.

Earlier guides can sell for hundreds of $'s on ebay, and Im sure this one would to.

Enjoy it, and look after it!

Chris

There is a little bit more info here on Muppet style guides..

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Style_Guides

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Can I ask where you got it from? I'd really love to get hold of a copy!

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Luke is correct -- it's the 2005 style guide -- Disney's first (and to date, only) Muppet Style guide released. Naturally, we have a copy at MR -- but not the book. Ours is 100% digital.

I also have a copy of the book in my personal collection -- it came in a very nice, faux wood box with Muppety decorations and line drawings of Kermit. I got this on eBay in 2006.

You cannot buy this in stores -- it was only given to Disney employees working on Muppets, and to licensees.

daneault

Reaction score
thanks for the inf, y'all! That's what I thought. My wife got it at a second hand bookstore here in AZ, so I guess it was a truly lucky find! I'm gonna have to give her an even bigger hug!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seriously, when I heard "Muppet Branding" all I could picture is Gladys the cow getting a flaming hot brand on her. :shifty: