1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppets Courtyard Area coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by pjtoadie, Mar 22, 2016.

1. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Member

2. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

I'm actually leaving Disney today, and you just gave me a great reason to come back!

pjtoadie likes this.
  3. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Member

Hope you had a great time! I'm going back in December and I really hope this rumor is true!

AndyWan Kenobi likes this.
  4. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see what it will look like.

kiss96 and pjtoadie like this.
  5. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

If this is true than at least Disney has faith in the franchise.

6. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Member

Exactly!

7. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

it would be neat if they add a movie theater, that recreates the movie theater scenes from the Muppet movie, and the Muppets take Manhattan. and show Muppet movies, and show the non Muppet movies in 3D. and have pops at the ticket booth , scooter as an usher, and Kermit addressing the audience , telling them about the movies that they are about to see. and the Swedish chef as the vendor, at snack booth. and have piggy , and the rest of the Muppets be sitting in the theater seats, along with you. plus have them do crazy Muppet things, to make the theater a fun attraction.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    kiss96 and pjtoadie like this.
  8. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

This is great, hopefully going to Disney next year. Maybe this means the show has done well enough to give Disney some faith with the franchise.

pjtoadie likes this.
  9. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Anyone know when this will open?? Is muppet vision 3D still open during the work?? I'm going in June, I'd be gutted if it was closed when I get there!?? :(

pjtoadie likes this.
  10. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Muppet Vision is remaining open, throughout the entire construction.

pjtoadie and Kermieuk like this.
  11. RowlfFan12

RowlfFan12 Member

It's my dream to see Muppet Vision 3D IN the theatre in WDW. I hope I can go soon...

12. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Phewww, thank you. :)

Muppy likes this.
  13. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

This is some of the most exciting news in some time. I was worried when I saw Muppet Stuff's headline about MV3D at WDW, the story would be about the permanent closing of MV3D (like how they turned MV3D into some awful Frozen thing at California Adventure at Disneyland) An expanded Muppety world? Awwww...my imagination runs wild. Hopefully one day we could get rides, but a Muppet themed restaurant for the first time ever? *melts*

More info and pics on the transformation of Pizza Planet into a new Muppet themed eatery and other fun stuff
    http://muppet-stuff.blogspot.com/2016/03/muppetvision-3d-area-to-be-renamed.html

14. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

The area being renamed Muppets Courtyard is official:
    http://www.insidethemagic.net/2016/...new-park-layout-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/

It would also be awesome if the new Muppet area were to include Rowlf's Tavern from the new show. And it could have an animatronic Rowlf at his piano, singing songs, cracking jokes, etc.; like Sonny Eclipse at Magic Kingdom's Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe.

I'd even like if they built Timmy's Treats (as referenced in The Muppets Character Encyclopedia).

They could even retheme the Christmas store in the area, It's a Wonderful Shop, to the Scrooge & Marley counting house from The Muppet Christmas Carol.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2016
    scooterfan360 likes this.
  15. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Member

16. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

They should have a live version of Newsie having people around the area in the new Muppet Courtyard doing interviews with him, only to end up having sailly things happen to him like usual

scooterfan360 likes this.
  17. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Yes, this is amazing, at least if The Muppets gets cancelled now it will soften the blow a bit, because Disney is interested in the muppets as a franchise, and who knows maybe this means that The Muppets will get a season 2 renewal.

18. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

These are actually some really fun developments. In regards to the Muppet restaurant, recent construction photos basically confirm Pizza Planet will not be returning -- at least to that location. With the section officially Muppets-themed, I would be surprised if it came back as anything other that what's been speculated. Make plans now, because the place is "re-opening" November 7!

scooterfan360 and Duke Remington like this.
  19. Fuller House

Fuller House Active Member

It would be really nice if they have a statue of Jim and Kermit there.

RowlfFan12 and scooterfan360 like this.
  20. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

charlietheowl and scooterfan360 like this.